« Home | Thinking about food » | Welcome! » | » 

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 

More

I thought, as I was trying to fall asleep last night, "Perhaps I should have clarified on the smacking." The word "smack" is perhaps a bit inadequate. Swat seems better...no force behind said swat/smack...just an attention-getter.

Last night I ended up eating calbi (no clue if I spelled it right) with two of the other foreign teachers at my school. Calbi is my favorite Korean food so far. It's basically raw meat that is brought to your table, and cooked on the grill at your table. There are various side dishes - always the not-so-beloved kimchi, some kind of salady-type thing, and various other things. Unbelievably, calbi for the three of us cost a whopping $12. That's four dollars apiece (or 4,000 won) for actual beef, grilled, in front of us. Rather amazing, if you ask me.

Anyway, I have a class in ten minutes and am not entirely prepared. I'll probably post a few more times today, during my breaks.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health