« Home | Let's talk about one of my fourth grade classes... » | More » | Thinking about food » | Welcome! » | » 

Thursday, January 27, 2005 

Definitely a unique experience

As one of my classes was ending yesterday, one of my students came up with a bag of some kind of snacks (you perceptive people will already be alarmed for me). He had showed me the bag during class and was very excited about sharing with me during their free time. I was finishing up a few things before I left class when he caught me. I looked in the bag and thought that the snack looked like the onion-y things they have here. I took one and ate it, and became instantly nauseated by the overwhelming fishy taste. I tried to be calm (calm, in this case, means not gagging) and said, "What are those?" He didn't know the English word, so he drew a picture on the board. Octopus. Nice. You know pork rinds/rhinds? (How do you spell that word?) Anyway, the best description I could come up with is that they were those...only not pig. Octopus. Kudos to me for self control though. I didn't gag until I got into the teacher's room.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health