« Home | Daive says, "what's up?" » | Just in case anyone forgot how cute my dog is » | I need another weekend to recover from this one » | Kimchi » | Group picture...the JM family (most of it, anyway)  » | This is the end of the bobsled ride, with Mr. Moon... » | Jenny and I on our way up to the bobsled ride. Jen... » | June, Joan, me, Kylie, and Donovan. That's a fount... » | These things are quite clever. You put in 1,000 wo... » | Kylie and Donovan do NOT ride rides, EVER. Somehow... » 

Friday, May 27, 2005 

The lack of posting has been due to a very unnatural exhaustion that has overtaken me this week. As I write this, at 8:15 on a Friday night, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. This is no good. I wanted to blog a few days ago and the title was going to be "Just because they look like pickles doesn't mean they won't taste like fish." The vast majority of the soups here are based on anchovy broth. And they eat LOTS and LOTS of fish. I've discovered what a picky eater I am. I still won't eat squid or octopus, though I did try sushi for the first time two weeks ago. Lots of things taste like fish. LOTS of things. I won't even get into the mass amounts of fish and other sea creatures in the grocery stores here. The first time I went it was a disturbing and stinky experience. (Still stinky, but less disturbing.) Another blog title was going to be "nosebleeds that nauseate." I'm not sure if Korean kids have a market on the nose-picking industry or if they're just less careful, or more prone to bleeding, or WHAT, but I for one, am somewhat sick to death of picking-induced nosebleeds. One of my students had one this week that can only be appropriately described as a gusher. It was very very gross. I realized at that point that human blood bothers me substantially more than animal blood. (Same goes for animal vomit - used to cleaning it up from the vet, but if a kid pukes, I become a sympathetic puker and join them.) I also think I made a substantial step towards adulthood today. I turned down a free puppy. This is HUGE for me. But reason won out over that supremely unreasonable and irrational voice in the back of my head going, "Awwww! A PUPPY!" Thank God. I can only barely keep up with Daive and myself.

I had the inspiration to write a little about Korean culture, because it was at first a huge stumbling block for me here, and now that I've been here longer, it's just interesting. But now is not the time...so tired. But soon perhaps. Gonna go lay down and read (probably sleep). Night everyone.

HAHAHA! I had a nose bleed this morning. Try coming out of a dead sleep for that one. Ok i think I've shared too much. Oh.. and mine wasn't picking induced (I SWEAR!) LOL! ok.. ill just leave with this... I MISS YOU TERESA!!!!!!!!! Love ya much!

Yesterday I sucessfully passed by not one but TWO "free kittens" signs while driving on a counry road. Maybe when I'm through my child-bearing years I will no longer feel this deep yearning to fill my house will small large-eyed warm-blooded creatures. For now I chalk it up to my body going "eggs aging... must produce more children while you still can!" while my rational mind knows that we can barely handle the two we have!
-Mary

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health