« Home | This should explain my blog title to anyone still ... » | DAIVE! » | Work Party » | Cake, the Korean way (part 1) » | Cake, the Korean way (part 2) » | Snow Picture #1 » | Snow picture #2 » | Busy BearShare Day » | Your daily (and most necessary) dose of Henry Scou... » | The Horrid Open House Ceremony » 

Monday, March 07, 2005 

A different kind

So today I experienced a new kind of feeling. I called my Dad and caught him in the middle of a big dinner with the family. My family from Pennsylvania is down and they're having a big birthday celebration for my Grandma. It made me super-sad when I got off the phone - I actually started crying. :( It's just begun to hit me that I'm missing an awful lot being here - and I don't mean homesickness, though that's true too. I am just now aware of what I'm going to be absent for over this year - a big family dinner, one of my best friends from high school is getting married this month...it's just hard. I don't want to sound like I'm one of those people bent on being unhappy - I think it's just part of adjusting here, and I'm up for it, but it's still tough. It's hard.

Tonight we had dinner at my apartment. Jason went to Costco and got some pizza from there for us all (and some cinnamon rolls for me - yes!), and we had a good time, but it's just kinda bittersweet for a few different reasons not getting into at this point. It's tough. Anyway, I'm quite certain I had something else to say but it has completely left my brain. I hate when that happens! Ah well though, I'm going to go get ready for bed. Night all!

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health