« Home | This picture of my nephew and my brother-in-law, t... » | Joan rocking out and singing to Melissa. Joan is o... » | Classic, part 1 » | Classic, part 2 » | Mr. Moon and Mr. Lee showing their appreciation fo... » | Melissa took things down a notch (her words, not m... » | Jason singing "You are so beautiful to me" to his ... » | Jason and Donovan singing - I don't remember what.... » | Classic, part 2 (or 3?) » | MMM...no! » 

Saturday, March 26, 2005 

Freedom in an unexpected way

Have you ever done something you knew you needed to do, done it spectacularly BADLY, hated yourself immediately afterwards (because of how poorly you did it), but then were relieved to find that the self-hatred left to make way for feelings of freedom and relief? Such times are nice, and certainly appreciated.

Not a whole lot is going on around here. Though the other day I did manage to accidentally pepper-spray myself...kind of. I was having a homesick moment, and grabbed the towel by my bed to wipe my eyes. BUT OF COURSE...it was the towel from the kitchen I had dropped by my bed when I answered the phone - the towel I wiped my hands on after cutting up onions and hot peppers. I managed to wipe my eyes with that same spot. Oh...boy, how it burned! But I was too cold to get out of bed and rinse my eye, so I just dealt with it. Sad, is it not?

I find it exciting that March is almost over. I'm enjoying myself here - please don't misunderstand and think I'm miserable because I'm not. But I am also REALLY enjoying the fact that time goes so quickly here. It's definitely a good thing. And I'm definitely homesick - but it's not this overwhelming I-can't-function homesickness. It's just this internal "Wow, I really miss _______." (Many things go in the preceding blank.)

Oh, a funny moment from this week at work. In my first grade class on Thursday, we were playing a game on the floor with some flashcards. I only have four students in that class, and they're all very smart and very good. For some reason, all four of them decided that they wanted me to be their mommy, and all climbed on top of me and were hugging on me and saying, "Teresa - mommy!" It was quite cute...one of those times that I do a double-take and I'm like, "Wow, I really DO like kids a LOT!" Funny how something like that can just sneak up on you without you realizing it.

Today Melissa and I are going out to lunch with one of our bosses. Should be an interesting time. There's also a chance a package from home might have arrived today (have to send it to me at work rather than me at home in case there are problems with customs). That would make my weekend....well, it would make it even better. I must rush off - need to start some laundry and do some dishes (I won't embarrass myself by telling how long it's been since I last did dishes) before I have to meet my boss. Sorry for the lack of posting lately! :)

Ahhhhhhhhh...glad to see I am not the only one lacking on my posting...spent some more wonderful days in the hospital...read my blog to catch the latest...I hope to have it posted sometime on Sunday. Take care and I miss you!
~Stupid Moment Girl

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health