« Home | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » | Pouches, Predictions, and dog-related traumatic in... » | Time Change » | Poor Pensacola! » | Links! (Finally!) » | Good ol' Graceville » | Do I have to change the name? » | A few more things to share » 

Saturday, April 09, 2005 

Harrumph Importantly

I woke up today half an hour before I was supposed to be at work, and that just kinda threw my whole day off. I was supposed to go to the bank this morning to send money to my Dad (which will put me closer to freedom from credit card debt) but, obviously, did not have time to do so. It's bizarre, because I set my alarm to go off at least three hours before I actually have to get up. When I reset it, I feel like I got more sleep - it may be bizarre, but it works for me. If I just set it for when I have to get up, I'm really unpleasant. And I can't just hit snooze - unless it is an adjustable snooze...I have to reset the clock. I've been doing this for years though...so whatever. Anyway, I do not have even the vaguest memory of moving this morning in bed, let alone turning off the alarm.

I rushed around and got to work on time, but was thoroughly unproductive. I got some stuff done today, but it was all stuff I HAD to get done - not stuff I should get done. And there's a few new procedures/forms at work that are just time-consuming and annoying. I feel like a jerk complaining at all, because the school is amazing - all the more so when I hear about other hagwons. I've just been a little overwhelmed in some paperwork aspects lately.

Anyway, I checked my email when I got to work and my sister Val had replied to an email I sent her yesterday. It's all extremely quote-worthy, but too personal to share. One thing I do love though, is that she successfully uses the word "harrrumph." She actually used the phrase "harrumph importantly" in reference to someone's predicted actions. Rather obviously, both my sisters are witty and amazing.

Relating to what I had emailed Val about though, and something I've mentioned before - I'm concerned with how cynical I have become about marriage. Before it was just a wondering kind of "I wonder if my attitude is bad..." Now I've progressed to, "Wow, I didn't realize just how bad my attitude toward marriage is." Please understand, there's no relationship on the horizon for me. It has nothing to do with that - I'm concerned with the state of my heart, is all.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting one of the Korean teachers from work at 9:00 AM for breakfast, and then we're going to a small clinic that does medical stuff with lasers to see if they can remove my tattoo. At this point it's progressed to me just being appalled that I actually have plans to BE somewhere at 9 AM. What was I thinking? Ah well...the past two weekends I was so sick I didn't leave my apartment at all, so I'm quite glad that I'm well enough to be physically capable of leaving in the first place.

Also, when I got home tonight from going out with the other teachers from work, two blocks away I could hear Daive yelping, howling, and barking. Ohhhh....it made me so angry! Angry at her (for being psycho) and for me (for leaving her by herself on the patio for 12 hours). But how lame am I to be like, "Yeah I'd love to hang out with actual HUMANS, but my dog's waiting at home. Sorry...gotta go." I've done that, actually - though I certainly didn't say it like that. Ah...doesn't admitting that automatically put me in some kind of severely relationally challenged category? Wait...don't answer. I'm going to bed before I say anything else. Night.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health