« Home | Harrumph Importantly » | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » | Pouches, Predictions, and dog-related traumatic in... » | Time Change » | Poor Pensacola! » | Links! (Finally!) » | Good ol' Graceville » | Do I have to change the name? » 

Saturday, April 09, 2005 

I bought a food processor today! There's no way to say just how exciting that is, though all of you who remember the various accidents I've had using knives or veggie slicers might have a slight idea. I came home and started chopping things right away. It's quite fun. The only bad thing is that there is no electrical outlet in my actual kitchen. Of course, my apartment is a studio apartment, so I have to take two steps from the "kitchen," and I'm in the "living room," and also standing directly in front of an outlet. So everything will be okay. I think I can make hummus now. But they don't sell tahini here (at least not anywhere I've looked), and I haven't found un-cooked sesame seeds to make it - so my version of hummus could be spectacularly disappointing. Even more so, really, because I don't think they have chickpeas/garbanzo beans here either - but I did find a recipe online for black bean hummus. (There was also a recipe for brownies made of black beans...yuck.) I joined at Costco today, and went shopping. I was by myself, which was relaxing, but I couldn't buy everything I wanted to, because I had to carry everything all by my lonesome. So the laundry detergent and Clorox Clean-up (very exciting that they have that here!) stayed at the store. Ah well...some other time. Now I must go chop something.

Oh, so, the Texas Chainsaw Masacre may have some competition?! Just don't do anything "stupid"....LOL!

maybe you can make your own kimchi now?

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health