« Home | The Mistake of My Life » | My friend YoonHo was over Saturday night, and we w... » | So I was just reading the news, and the picture be... » | Living in a foreign country makes one appreciate t... » | I feel like I've been marinating all day in my own... » | The New Me » | Misc. Christmas Pictures » | Decorating Christmas Cookies on Christmas Eve, Part 2 » | Decorating Christmas Cookies on Christmas Eve » | I really never do learn... Part Two » 

Saturday, January 27, 2007 

Jibbitz!

I just spent some quality time on ebay. Bidding on a pair of purple Crocs, a lot of chocolate-colored eyelash yarn (super cheap too, I might add), and a Samsonite dog carrier for the upcoming plane rides. I only NEED the last one, but given the price I bid on the first two, I figure it's okay.

Anyway, while I was looking around on ebay, I found something SO amazing! Jibbitz! They are these little rubber (I'm assuming that's what they're made of) thingys that come in a wide variety of designs that you put in the holes of your Crocs. I know I'm slightly easily amused/entertained, but these little things just blew my mind. I don't know if I'd ever actually buy any, as they seem to be a bit of a waste of money (as if that has ever stopped me from buying things before). But nonetheless, how cute!

Did I mention that my amazing roommate is teaching me how to knit? She taught Beth a couple weeks ago, and Beth has made a potholder, a scarf, and a poncho for her daughter (AND her daughter's Cabbage Patch doll, which may have struck me as being the most amazing thing of them all). I was amazed at how quickly Beth picked it up, and also by how EVEN knitting looks. I can crochet...badly. Everything I crochet just looks misshapen and more like one of those inkblot tests than anything supposed to be functional should look. Anyway, the three of us went to the neighborhood yarn shop on Friday and I got some yarn and some knitting needles. Lis taught me on some really flat yarn, and I did okay - though I was frustrated by not being able to pick it up instantaneously. But when I tried to work with the brown yarn I had bought, which is kind of fuzzy, it was just SO not happening. Of course I assume the worst about myself, and saw this as just another nail in the coffin of my coordination/motor skills. But then tonight, on a whim, I decided to try the other yarn (which is flatter), and lo and behold! I could do it! I've made a few mistakes, but they're small and not easy to notice - let me put it this way - it already looks 100 times better and more even than anything I have ever crocheted in my life. So I'm excited. Though the eyelash yarn is for making scarves, and I'm about to move back to Florida... hmm... Mary, perhaps you and the girls will be getting matching scarves when I come up to visit! :)

When I read this article I just enjoyed to reading this. Thanks the author of this article.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health