« Home | A wake-up call » | My sister said this when we were talking in an IM ... » | A different kind » | This should explain my blog title to anyone still ... » | DAIVE! » | Work Party » | Cake, the Korean way (part 1) » | Cake, the Korean way (part 2) » | Snow Picture #1 » | Snow picture #2 » 

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 

My Bank Account

I got paid on Monday. After insurance, taxes (Korean equivalent), and such were taken out, I received 1,867,680 won (1,863 US dollars). And today, at this exact moment, my bank account has 356,868 won in it (356 US dollars). It pains me greatly. However, it's for a very good reason. I am now 1/3 of the way towards being free of credit card debt. I wired a rather substantial amount of money to my Dad today (which he will be sending along), and then I paid my bills - one of which was a 178,000 won phone bill. In January, after my phone was (finally) hooked up, I went a little crazy with the international phone calls. So do you think I can survive on 350 for a month? All my bills are paid, and all I have to do is buy groceries. Food is...ehh...around the same prices as in the states - some things are cheaper some are more expensive. It's sad though...while I obviously will make it just fine, I've never eaten in my own home enough to know exactly how much money is needed for groceries. Oh wait...also take out about 40,000 won for transportation (buses and subways) and another 30-ish,000 won for my internet bill (it's taken out automatically and I don't remember when)...but that's still a more-than-decent amount of money - for just food and living. And even though I know I'll be fine...it still stresses me out. When I was working in the States and got paid every two weeks, I'd be a complete idiot with my money, but could easily last out until the next week when I got paid. Now that I only get paid once a month, it's a bit scary! It just shows how irresponsible I am used to being. So this will be very good for me. And it comes amid a whole lot of other internal changes, so it's really just part of a bigger scheme, a more important change going on. That's all. I'm at work now and should probably go at least attempt to be productive.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health