« Home | The week has gone amazingly well, considering all ... » | This is definitely the first time I've had green b... » | Motorcycles on the Mind » | I celebrated Children's Day by avoiding them altog... » | Student Loan Madness » | Night Lights » | This is my nephew in the pajamas I sent him. Charm... » | Remember the silly pictures Melissa and I took a f... » | Reprogramming » | Today has been an interesting day. Church this mor... » 

Saturday, May 14, 2005 

Everland

Today is important, if for no other reason than my bathroom light was finally replaced. For the first two weeks or so, I was bathroom lightless because I hadn't bought one. Then I was bathroom lightless because the light fixture cover thingy wouldn't come off. So all bathroom activities (including showering, and there's no stall for that, it's just a shower head in one of the corners) had to be done with the door open. (No window in the bathroom.) That was a major contributor to the embarrassing incident last Sunday when Cooper was at my house. Even awkward moments aside, it's been remarkably inconvenient. I had one of the amazing Korean teachers at work write a note for me in Korean explaining the situation and the Super came down and fixed it for me tonight. He couldn't get it off at first either, and he looked at me and said "Man?" My confusion was evident, so he pointed at himself and said "man," pointed at me and said "woman," and then said again "Man?" I couldn't really believe that he was saying I couldn't help him and he wanted a man, until he said "Two, zero, three" which is actually Melissa's apartment number, but the two previous tenants had been guys. So Kylie (who kindly agreed to stay in my apartment until the ordeal was over to try to alleviate the awkwardness) called Donovan who came up and helped. Together they got the light fixture off and replaced the light bulb. I'm excited about being able to close the door and not be in utter darkness.

Everland today was interesting. We were supposed to meet at 9 sharp, but didn't end up leaving until sometime after 10:15, at which point I was in that "so-mad-and-frustrated-I-could-cry" mood, due to that and a few other small things. When we finally got there, we rode a roller coaster right away, and it was delightful. There was one other coaster I wanted to ride, but didn't get the chance. We ended up splitting up and the group I was with went to the Safari thing, which isn't exactly a ride. It's a fenced in area (complete with the Jurrasic Park-esque two gates to ensure none of the animals get out) with two areas. Strangely, there were a whole load of lions and tigers in the same area - and not such a huge area, either. I'm not sure how that works with being territorial, but it was interesting. One of the lions was laying on a rock that was the same height as the bus windows, and just as we were going by, he yawned. I've never seen the grooves on a lion's tongue before. That's how close we were. We went to another section, separate from the lions and tigers where there were (that's right, you guessed it) bears (oh my!). These bears looked miserably hot, and it made me sad and a little upset for them. They knew tricks though. They would all sit back on their large bear butts and do various cute tricks to earn them treats from the bus drivers. One of them looked like he was praying, one clapped, one could wave (after the bus driver said "hello" in Korean), and my favorite was the bear that made the kissy lips. VERY cute. We also went past a bear in one of the swimming/water hole things, and he kept on sticking his nose under the water and blowing these huge bubbles. It was cute. Anyway, so we did the first roller coaster, the safari, and this bobsled (with stainless steel track thingy) ride. We did a lot of wandering, a lot of trying to make decisions, and stood around a lot doing nothing. All in all I had a great time though. There were some funny moments and some freaky moments - the performers were all white (and Russian, actually). We watched an acrobatic-type show (and I realized I shouldn't watch such things - I turn into a nervous wreck) with Russian performers, and then the parade (the theme for Spring is Versailles Party or Ball or something) was extremely European. It was a little surreal, actually. My face is fried though, especially my poor abused forehead. Pictures to follow, I promise. For now though, going to put some cucumber on my face (no aloe) and lay down.

I was eating my breakfast when I started reading this...I got to the part about the bears (oh my!) and nearly lost my eggs. :) Thanks for an eventful morning!

hey there! everland sounds exciting, glad it was fun. i just talked to someone sunday who told me that melissa was over there with you, i've been wondering where she was! heard she was having a bit of a tough time, please tell her i said hello.

i gave you a link on my blog but i've been wondering...what does kimchi mean?

We watched an acrobatic-type show (and I realized I shouldn't watch such things - I turn into a nervous wreck)

Okay, so I'm not the only one who get nauseas when others are at risk...whew, thought I was alone in that...

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health