« Home | Motorcycles on the Mind » | I celebrated Children's Day by avoiding them altog... » | Student Loan Madness » | Night Lights » | This is my nephew in the pajamas I sent him. Charm... » | Remember the silly pictures Melissa and I took a f... » | Reprogramming » | Today has been an interesting day. Church this mor... » | The future of this brain » | Buffalo Security » 

Monday, May 09, 2005 

This is definitely the first time I've had green beans of any sort since I've been in Korea. I can't think if I had any in Israel or not. Who knew green beans could be so exciting though? And they're from a can too. When I was growing up, canned green beans were like a food group in my house, and I've avoided them as long as I've been able to do so. But it's one of the most exciting moments of my day, actually. A vital part of the story of my day is that I got said green beans at Costco, when I went after work. And before work, I went to the bank to wire money back to my Dad. I am now officially out of credit card debt, though I owe Dad money (he let me send him the majority of the money, and pay the rest next month so I don't run out of money at the end of the month like I've been doing). But it's a very exciting thing - out of (credit card) debt. (Feel like I'll never be out of student loan debt....sigh.)

Speaking of school (in an indirect way), I have an appointment to meet with my pastor tomorrow morning. I have to have a pastoral reference in my admissions stuff for Biola, and tomorrow will be the first in-depth conversation I've had with him. I'm actually rather nervous. He's really funny and easy-going, so I'm fairly certain he'll be easy to talk to - but what pressure! Okay, and then Wednesday morning I have a doctor's appointment. I've been having severe-insofar-as-they-are-annoying-me-beyond-belief-and-interrupting-my-life stomach issues. None of the stuff like last time either - I'm going to an International Clinic sorta near my apartment. I had some medicine from the States, but the prescription bottle took a turn in Pablo's mouth (Pablo being my friend in Israel's dog) where the label was ruined, then the bottle was lost, so all I know is what was written on the pill. And I don't have any pills left...I just wrote down what was on it. We'll see how that works out for me. Anyway, just took some night-time cold medicine (at least that's what it's supposed to be) and I'm hoping to fall asleep very soon, so I'm going to stop typing now. Good night all.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health