« Home | I celebrated Children's Day by avoiding them altog... » | Student Loan Madness » | Night Lights » | This is my nephew in the pajamas I sent him. Charm... » | Remember the silly pictures Melissa and I took a f... » | Reprogramming » | Today has been an interesting day. Church this mor... » | The future of this brain » | Buffalo Security » | Remember my food processor? » 

Sunday, May 08, 2005 

Motorcycles on the Mind

I've been preoccupied this week. I've had a few things on my mind that just would not leave or even decrease in the amount of time they plagued my mind. Today is better. I have had such a wonderful day. I had lunch with one of the interns from my church, Pamela, who is thoroughly delightful, very real, and extremely funny. We sat and talked for an hour and a half at least. Talking to her actually made me realize a few things about what God has done in my life since I've been in Korea that hadn't occurred to me before. It was very nice. After that, I came home and picked up a few groceries. Then I called Cooper. Anyone remember Cooper? Cooper is going through a lot of transition right now in his life. He's no longer engaged, he just started a new job, and he's finishing up his internship at church. Lots of change. We talked last Sunday, and as it turns out, his new job is two subway stops, or about a fifteen minute walk away from where I live. So we're going to hang out more (as in more than not, so hang out some?). Anyway, the point is that he's going through a tough time. So we met up over near where he works this afternoon and talked for awhile. Much like Pamela, Cooper is also very real, very funny, and very refreshing to be around. He brought me back to my apartment on his motorcycle, and came up to get his books back from me (from when I borrowed them ages ago), and met Daive. It was actually a rather embarrassing moment because he needed to use my bathroom, but my bathroom light is out. I have a light bulb, but the light fixture won't come off for me to replace the light. So he had to use the bathroom with the door open. (I was considerate enough to turn the music up though.) And there wasn't any toilet paper. It was just bad. Take my word for it. But we had a rather enjoyable time. One of the highlights for me was that he offerred to teach me how to drive a motorcycle, and said that he'd even help me look for one if I wanted to get one. That's exciting. I want to learn to drive one even if I don't get one. Now I must go clean up my apartment. It was dreadfully messy when he came up - just proves your mom right, that you should always clean your room and make your bed because you don't know who might stop by. That's all. Night everyone. And Happy Mother's Day to you mothers and mother-figures!

Learn to ride the bike and enjoy the ride! Not only keep a tidy house and clean bathroom, but clean underwear too. What if you crashed on the bike? Oh me oh my!! Take each moment at a time.. don't project to anything else.
Big Hugs, GA Mom

Hmmm...you might look good in leather...

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health