« Home | I take back everything I said about being a respon... » | This just makes me laugh. That is all. » | The lack of posting has been due to a very unnatur... » | Daive says, "what's up?" » | Just in case anyone forgot how cute my dog is » | I need another weekend to recover from this one » | Kimchi » | Group picture...the JM family (most of it, anyway)  » | This is the end of the bobsled ride, with Mr. Moon... » | Jenny and I on our way up to the bobsled ride. Jen... » 

Saturday, June 04, 2005 

Such a busy week...unbelievable. So, a quick update for you all. I got a promotion/raise at work. It's very exciting - it's nice to feel more like a part of the school, but it's also quite a bit more work. I am also getting another class - of kindergarteners. It's called K-6, but the kids are actually K-5 - which means that they are five years old in Korean age. That would make them four in US age. Four years old! And they're taking a foreign language class. Wow. I'm nervous about it - I prefer working with older kids. I'm also nervous about it because two of the four students in the class are the twin sons of one of my bosses (Mr. Lee). This makes them the nephews of my other boss, and the grandsons of the owner of the school. So yeah, no pressure. It starts next week, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Monday is a holiday, so I'm trying hard to enjoy the first day of my three-day weekend. Actually, all I've done since I got up is work, though. I brought some textbooks home over the weekend, and would rather like to get ahead. Of course, now that I've eaten, all I really want to do is lay down and take a nap. Ah well. We'll see.

Beyond that, there's not a whole lot going on. I've been homesick lately, in a "I'm doing fine here and I don't to leave, but there's a lot that I miss" kind of way. I have also recently discovered that I won't be able to afford to go home over my week break in July, which is sad. Maybe not even at Christmas either. The last time I saw my family was in August - so it'll be over a year. That's tough. It's really only a problem with the people I can't keep up with through email - my grandparents and aunts and such. I do miss home though.

It's bizarre that I don't have more to say than just this. I have a lot to do though, and consequently a lot on my mind. Perhaps later on in the weekend. Have a good weekend, all of you!

CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion! You will be great because you are already great! GA mom

You're too sweet to me! Thank you! :)

I wish I had a foreign language class for my 4-year-old twins! You can teach them Korean when you get back, O.K?
-Mary

"I'm doing fine here and I don't to leave, but there's a lot that I miss"...oh, how I can relate to that statement. Congrats on the promo! You deserve it!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health