« Home | Ants » | A new template, and a whole heap of new links...ho... » | Ache all over.... if this is the flu it's gonna be... » | Does Not Play Well With Others » | I spend WAY too much time on my computer. W-A-Y to... » | This is a rant...feel free to read no further » | My wonderful friend Nate came over tonight and we ... » | O to the C to the D » | Last Wednesday, on the spur of the moment, I decid... » | Some thoughts about removable tape » 

Sunday, November 20, 2005 

$5 Pop-Tarts

Yesterday I went to pay for my plane ticket home, only to find upon arriving at the travel agent that there was some kind of problem - the airline had changed the date...I don't actually understand. Long story short: at this point I have no plane ticket. I have no reservation. I am close to having no clue. Some people at church today directed me towards some other travel agents though, so I hope to have the issue resolved by next weekend.

Kylie bought me a Christmas tree. It was absolutely amazing of her, and it was exactly what I needed. It isn't a full sized tree, of course, it's a small one that's on my desk right behind my laptop at the moment blinking it's lights at me rather cheerfully. That is, after all, what Christmas trees do. The Christmas tree inspired me to go on a cleaning spree, and I made a playlist of (what else?) Christmas music to listen to while I cleaned. When "Feliz Navidad" came on, I was transported back to that one BCM night when Joe Brown led the praise band, and they did that song. Even on that night, I knew that was one of the moments I would snapshot and file away in my memory. There's lots of moments like that, not to say that moment was perfect - it wasn't. But it was really really nice. I remember Bethany was there, singing more than likely, and it was just a really special night. Good memories are nice.

I am really excited about next weekend. Saturday night Brother Yun (AKA, The Heavenly Man) will be speaking at my church. I'm going to be an usher that night, though I'm not entirely sure what responsibilities that will entail. Then Sunday is church, and Sunday afternoon is the Thanksgiving banquet through my church. It's going to be on the army base here in Seoul, and have all the traditional Thanksgiving goods. I'm thrilled, to say the least.

Speaking of things that thrill me, Kylie introduced me to this store that sells Western food. (Basically they have an inside person on the base that buys food and sells it to the store, then the store sells it to all the stupid saps like me willing to pay $5 for a box of pop-tarts.) And I really did pay $5 for a box of pop tarts. I also paid $5 for a bag of marshmallows, $3 for a small thing of carmex, a whopping $9 for a bottle of Sea Breeze astringent, and I dunno how much for a can of A&W root beer (of which I drank approximately four swallows before I was done with it). They had Cool Ranch doritoes there, and I almost bought them, but I think my sister said she was going to put some in the package that is currently on it's way to me. Seriously though, this store had Aunt Jemima syrup, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix (oops Jen, but even with shipping, I'm sure the stuff you sent cost less), those french fried onion thingys to go on green bean casserole, pepto bismol, chex mix...all of this being stuff I haven't seen in over a year. I was like a kid in a candy store really...looking around all wide-eyed and exclaiming, "OH MY GOSH, they have _________!" It was exciting. But as the root beer proved, not everything I think I miss is worth missing. I haven't even opened the marshmallows (not sure why I even bought them, as I'm not particularly fond of them except that they remind me of the time Val and I spent about 20 minutes throwing them into each other's mouths while across the room from each other in Grandma Morton's living room...another good memory). I DID have Pop-Tarts for breakfast this morning on my way to church and they were quite delicious. The carmex is being put to good use too. If only they had Nyquil...I don't like Korean cold medicine.

Anyway, this is long enough. Off to something more productive for me.

Funny the things you don't really appreciate when you have them available to you at any time. And the Pop Tarts - that was a well spent $5.

Hey Teresa! I remember the Feliz Navidad night... I was there. I don't remember if I was there with you, or if it was one of those random times I just went up to BCF for the fun of it (hahaha). Anyway, you put me in a Christmas mood so now I am going to go drive my bf crazy and play christmas music.. hehe! Love ya!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health