« Home | Korean Tact » | $5 Pop-Tarts » | Ants » | A new template, and a whole heap of new links...ho... » | Ache all over.... if this is the flu it's gonna be... » | Does Not Play Well With Others » | I spend WAY too much time on my computer. W-A-Y to... » | This is a rant...feel free to read no further » | My wonderful friend Nate came over tonight and we ... » | O to the C to the D » 

Thursday, November 24, 2005 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No turkey today...am looking forward to the Thanksgiving banquet through my church on Sunday. Went to Outback tonight with Kylie (it just seemed wrong to eat Korean food on Thanksgiving). Our waiter could barely speak English and had a strange habit of sticking out his tongue (really far, not like the short concetrating look) when he was searching for a word. When he gave me the receipt, it had a post-it note attached with a note written in Korean from him. Of course neither of us have any idea what it says. I'll have someone at work translate it tomorrow and let you know.

Still very sick.

More examples of Korean tact - my boss asked if she could record some of one of my kindergarten classes (as if saying no were an option...haha). They had turned on the floor heaters for some reason, and there was NO air circulating, so the room was just boiling. I told her that she could record (again, haha) but that I was hot and sweaty. And she said, "Oh no, I don't want you to be in it. I have video of Kylie to show the parents. I just want the kids." Okay...taking it in stride. Not surprising. Then this morning she pulls me into the office and says she wants to show me the video, I say, "Oh, dear." She gushes, "Oh, no, it's VERY good! I was so surprising and Mrs. Kim was so surprising too!" (Surprising = surprised...English isn't so great) Mrs. Kim is her mother and the owner of the school. She showed me the video, and just as promised, there was only accidental pictures of me on it. That's fine with me, but the point is still there...I'd elaborate more on that point, but I have this paranoid fear of someone from my work finding and reading my blog. So I won't. That is all.

Your paranoia is understood. That is one reason I've somewhat changed lots of what I post on my site. Someone found our blog and took some sarcastic remarks I made totally out of context and really caused a big stir. I'm more careful now.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health