« Home | I have been incredibly busy. Last week I had a mee... » | » | Wax Museum » | From the commentary on Romans I am reading right now: » | This is Christine (Chung-Un is her Korean name), o... » | The picture only shows the aftermath. To get the i... » | I got these two notes (from the same girl, by the ... » | Actual TOEFL Prep Book Listening Scripts » | I went to the doctor again today. I broke down and... » | My Neighborhood » 

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 

I'm here, alive, moved in, but exhausted.

I got internet in my new apartment today. It's the first time in awhile I've gone days without checking my email. Reminds me of Mike and his fast, although his was voluntary. I was getting all twitchy and cold sweat-ish about day 2. But now all is well.

I got everything moved in Friday afternoon. It was also my last day at work. I cried when I said goodbye to my class of four-year olds. They're just too young to understand. Correction: I cried after they left. This one, my favorite, hugged me quite a few times and just kept on looking at me with this wounded puppy dog look. It was heart-breaking. But he's Korean, and he'll soon adjust to the teachers coming and going through somewhat of a revolving door.

I start my new job Friday - not teaching, and not officially working (as I'm visa-less and that would be illegal) just familiarizing myself with the curriculum and giving some input and ideas based on my experiences. Should be interesting.

I was going to take pictures of my new place today to post, but it was super cloudy, gloomy, and misty/foggy all day, so it just didn't work out. Perhaps tomorrow. I've been feeling pretty sick lately as well, unfortunately. I went to the doctor yesterday and he is running a few tests to see if there's any problem. It's just this icky, achey, dizzy, gross, space cadet kind of thing. No fun.

Overall though, life is great. I love living with Natalie, and that Christine is less than five minutes away. They both love my dog, which is rather important. Daive and I are both missing the cat a lot, but I expect I'll be eating those words come Feb. 26 when I have him back and realize I don't really want him anymore. :) (Kidding.) Daive does lover the new place though. She gets lots of exercise and people over here aren't as afraid of her as people around my old place.

One more thing, then I'm finished. Christine took me to this used/recycled furniture store on Saturday afternoon, as I couldn't finish unpacking without a narrow bookshelf and a few other things. She actually knows the owner of this store, who is an absolutely wonderful and amazing woman. My only experience with furniture stores in Korea are the outrageously priced ones near my old apartment, where a couch is around 300 US dollars. Ridiculous. (And not even a very nice couch, at that.) When I saw that the pricetag on the bookshelf I found was only 15 US (15,000 Korean Won) I got a little buying-happy. I ended up getting a bookcase, a corner shelf thingy, a rocking chair, a small chair for Daive to put on the porch, and a vanity (for the drawer space and so I can use the mirror to get ready in my room in the mornings). All for 120 US dollars. And they delivered it the same day for free. Nice!

That's about it. I'm exhausted and it's only 10 PM. I'm old, maybe. Gonna go to bed now. Good night all. And by the way, happy Valentine's day!

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health