« Home | This is Christine (Chung-Un is her Korean name), o... » | The picture only shows the aftermath. To get the i... » | I got these two notes (from the same girl, by the ... » | Actual TOEFL Prep Book Listening Scripts » | I went to the doctor again today. I broke down and... » | My Neighborhood » | ACK! » | My Party » | Remember the Christmas card from the girl who want... » | This is what happens when the cat realizes that I'... » 

Sunday, January 22, 2006 

From the commentary on Romans I am reading right now:

"As Calvin puts it, faith is 'a kind of vessel' with which we 'come empty and with the mouth of our soul open to seek God's grace.' 'Believeing,' then, while a genuinely human activity, possesses no 'merit' or worth for which God is somehow bound to reward us; for salvation is, from first to last, God's work." (on 1:16-17)

that's awesome!

the man had many problems (not the least of which was ordering the slaughter of all the people who disagree with him :-)) but his take on the greatness of God and the reality that salvation is wholy of God is so refreshing. It's much like standing under a waterfall and being overwhelmed by God.

really good stuff theresa!

^ I agree on all counts, he had his faults, yet his perspective is (especially in our day) incredibly refreshing.

Except for misspelling my name. I don't agree with that. (Take away the H and we're all good.)

well, I miss spell Micah's name all the time.

^ You also misspell misspell. I only noticed because it's my job to notice....not so much YOUR spelling error, but spelling errors in general. (Having said that, I'm sure I misspelled something in this comment.)

okay, that was on purpose :)

Oh my, you must check out my new post "Impressions from God"...for Calvin was right about faith and our salvation. Well put. Thanks for sharing!

Love and miss you!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health