« Home | My Neighborhood » | ACK! » | My Party » | Remember the Christmas card from the girl who want... » | This is what happens when the cat realizes that I'... » | Currently Reading » | I wasn't trying to be artistic, but then I thought... » | My New Bed » | My Old Bed » | Obviously, a dog-picture posting marathon is in or... » 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 

I went to the doctor again today. I broke down and went to the international clinic that's far from my apartment and maybe a little more expensive, but totally worth it. Last night I couldn't fall asleep for ages because my ears were all stopped up, hurting, and I was dizzy from it. The doctor said there was nothing in my ears (same thing the doc on Friday said) but then said that I could have a sinus infection (something the doc on Friday did not say). He did a few x-rays of my face, and said that I do, in fact, have a kinda severe sinus infection. This would explain basically why I've been so sick for the past few months, and why the headaches and ear problems have just been increasing.

Then I went to this supermarket that has a lot of imported food. I do not know how I have lived here for over a year without going to this place. I bought Cheez-Its, a HUGE thing of ultra concentrated Downy (for a whopping $25 dollars), and Campbell's tomato soup. They also had Feta cheese, but I'm going to save that purchase for when I can also find hummus and have the delicious little snacks Haley and I had together ages ago in the apartment. (Remember, H?)

I'm teaching an intensive on the TOEFL test (dunno what it stands for, but it's required for foreigners to be accepted at US and Canadian universities). The TOEFL test is really hard for excellent speakers of English, so I'll just let you imagine how difficult it is for fourth graders. It's a little ridiculous, but the school is not in the least interested in my opinion or something more realistic for their ability levels (TOEFL prep is a money-maker). Anyway, I teach listening and speaking. The listening book was definitely made in Korea and has some of THE funniest stuff in it. One of the dictation passages was entitled "How Ramen Changed Our Lives." I have the teacher's guide with the scripts, and I'll copy some of it. The one about Ramen, and the hot water one crack me up. I'll maybe post them tomorrow.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health