« Home | Only because Christie asked me to...Three names yo... » | I'm here, alive, moved in, but exhausted. » | I have been incredibly busy. Last week I had a mee... » | » | Wax Museum » | From the commentary on Romans I am reading right now: » | This is Christine (Chung-Un is her Korean name), o... » | The picture only shows the aftermath. To get the i... » | I got these two notes (from the same girl, by the ... » | Actual TOEFL Prep Book Listening Scripts » 

Sunday, February 19, 2006 

Update

I spent most of last week feeling sick. I was also quite productive in between the down times though. Unfortunately, I had no time for blogging. But here I am once again, to check in and give a brief update.

I started my new job this past Friday. It was very unusual in some aspects, but overall quite good. I spent the day there looking over/through some of the curriculum, trying to communicate with the Korean staff preparing said curriculum, and talking about the plans. I'll go in tomorrow for most of the day, then Tuesday I'm leaving for Japan. I have to leave the country to get my work visa (which I still find strange). They changed the process from a same-day thing to a one-day process since I went last year, and with the flight schedules I'm going to end up staying there two nights. I get back to Seoul Thursday night, then I think I go in to work on Friday.

Also, today I got my hair permed. And no, not the 80's kind of icky perm. It actually is a little icky now because of how the stylist fixed it - and that problem can't be fixed until tomorrow night, when is the earliest I'm allowed to wash it. I'll take pictures and post them later on.

Speaking of pictures, I took an amusing picture yesterday of the perdicament I got myself into - I decided to switch the huge wardrobe/closet thing in my room for a smaller one. I went to the same used furniture store as last week and found one for cheap. The wonderful owner April even said that her employees would take the old one downstairs to put in recycling for me. Upon arriving at my apartment, I was stricken with that WonderWoman vibe, and was quite convinced I could move the HUGE and MASSIVE wardrobe from my bedroom to the living room with no problem. I emptied it, and got it to the door of my room. It was too tall to get through the doorway, so I would need to turn it on it's side. That was difficult (it was quite heavy). Then I pushed it over to the door again, where I then realized I had trapped myself in my bedroom. I moved it, got out, pulled, yanked, and strained it half-way out of my doorway, and partway into Natalie's room. Then I was trapped in Natalie's room. Conveniently, I climbed out her window onto the porch in the back and walked over to the living room. But then I realized I had trapped myself out from both bedrooms and the bathroom. Long(er) story short, I finally got it out of my doorway and mostly in Natalie's doorway and then left it for the trained professional furniture movers. I did take a picture towards the end of just how it ended up. I'll be sure to share that later too. That's all for now. Night all.

"Nobody gets in to see the wizard; not nobody, not nohow!"

hee hee...I had to!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health