« Home | I'm sure you're tired of me posting pictures of my... » | I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I notice... » | This is the view from my front door. (Notice the r... » | I did it. » | In exactly ten minutes I have a meeting with the o... » | My work, due to miscommunication (a term which, lo... » | I spoke too soon... » | Yet another difference... » | Back by popular demand... » | My blog is out of commission and I don't know why.... » 

Friday, March 31, 2006 

It's been overall a good week. I was out of work sick on Wednesday. (Did I already mention that? I can't remember.) Of course, the fact that I turned in my notice and was filled with that rush of "I'm quitting" relief could have something to do with it. But really I'm here to share some random things with you.

First, I bought new cat litter. It's some kind of funky crystal-like stuff. All I know is that when the cat pops into the litterbox for a few minutes in the middle of the night and starts pawing around, it sounds like someone has turned on an electric sander. It is LOUD.

Second, my dear roommate let me use her Canadian credit card to order Caedmon Call's new worship CD. I ordered it through amazon.ca (for you Americans like me out there, that would be the Canadian version of amazon - there's an ebay.ca...it's this other internet world, I swear!). It was supposed to be delivered between April 5-18, but it got here yesterday. Yippee!!!

Third, I found out today that my boss has not told Chairman Kim that I'm quitting. There's all this inter-company turmoil and drama about my lack of paycheck...the real problem is the labor union of this company. They want the foreigners to be treated the same as them, but the reality is that when someone moves across the world, they do so (at least in part) because of the incentives offered. Foreigners are NOT Koreans. Anyway, it's a soapbox of mine that I shouldn't get started on. Yes, perhaps it's unfair that we get paid more. But hello...away from friends, family, our home country, our language...it's called compensation. And throw around "linguistic imperialism" all you want, it's not my fault English is the global language. I am a native speaker of English. So sue me.

Ahem....sorry. Can you tell I'm a bit tense? I'm gonna go do some relaxing and then go to bed pathetically early. I have a semi-full schedule tomorrow and am looking forward to the weekend. Until later, then.

You go girl! I wouldn't be able to resist sticking my tongue out on the way out the door, though, so try to be more grown up than your big sister. :)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health