« Home | Yet another difference... » | Back by popular demand... » | My blog is out of commission and I don't know why.... » | Jen, thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm officiall... » | » | Happy Birthday! » | What's up with me and phrases-like-this?Weird.BTW,... » | i hate cats » | the new job isn't going as well as I had hoped » | Update » 

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 

I spoke too soon...

It was supposed to be such a simple task. Get the food out of the freezer. But then I dropped it. And then I bent down to pick it up. And then I stood up, not realizing the freezer door had moved directly over my head.

All exaggeration aside, I have never hit my head so hard in my life. At least not that I can remember. I blacked out, which means I also fell down. Luckily I fell backwards into the back of the couch. I was only out for a few seconds, and immediately put my hand over the spot on my head. I was also bleeding. Oh yeah. And of course it had to be on the spot on my too-large forehead that goes back further than the other side due to some medical problems when I was born. Not as if I don't already resemble a conehead due to the enormous surface area of my forehead, but now I have a big-enough-to-be-noticed red mark running across it. Nice.

I needed some sympathy so I called Kylie. As we were talking, something fell onto my shirt. No lie...it was a chip of paint from the freezer door. I hit the freaking door hard enough so that I had paint stuck in the wound. I feel like a crime scene, like the CSI guys should be swabbing me or something.

And just to speak of the faithfulness of animals (scoff). As I am laying on the floor semi-conscious, one hand on my slightly bloody head, Daive (being the little opportunist she is) came over and tried to get the frozen waffles out of my hand! Little brat! And Claude thought I was playing, so he pounced on my hair.

All I have to say is that, for the pain it caused and continues to give, it'd better look mean. And another thing, Korean tact is different. I've mentioned this before. At least four or five times since I've been in Korea I've gotten the, "Oh Teresa! What happened to your face?" only for me to respond, "It's a pimple. Thanks for noticing." (Said in an Eeyore-esque kind of voice.) I've heard it posed to other foreigners though, and lemme tell you, it hurts just the same even if you're not on the receiving end. Natalie actually said that we should place bets on how many people ask me about it tomorrow. Stupid freezer door.

I took a picture of it just to share, but now I feel too silly so I'm not gonna. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see. I need to go to bed now though. Here's hoping to a concussion-free sleep!

Well, you can take comfort in that you were the last in a group of 3 people with those graceful Tucker genes to come down with a head injury this week. Jacelyn fell over and hit her head on the pavement and has an enormous goose-egg on her forehead. Cam fell out of his bunk bed and scratched up his chin on his computer in the landing. Sheesh. I hope you feel better!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health