« Home | We are not necessarily doubting that God will ... » | It's been overall a good week. I was out of work s... » | I'm sure you're tired of me posting pictures of my... » | I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I notice... » | This is the view from my front door. (Notice the r... » | I did it. » | In exactly ten minutes I have a meeting with the o... » | My work, due to miscommunication (a term which, lo... » | I spoke too soon... » | Yet another difference... » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

Like losing an arm or something...

My cell phone is missing. And that is a HUGE problem. Cell phones here are at least 10 times more common than last time I was in the States. Many-bordering-on-most of my first grade students have cell phones, as well as 99% of the really-really-old population. It's funny to see this old great-grandpa operating a cell phone and sending text messages like he's 15.

Anyway, back to the problem, mine is gone. As in, *poof* disappeared. I had it this morning when I got up. Somewhere between breakfast and trying to leave at the house it vanished. I went out of the apartment one time between those times and it was to walk Daive, and I didn't take it with me then. It was on (this I am sure of because it would give me a message in Korean when I called if it was off), and it was NOT on silent. I have called it at least 10 times, trying to listen for the ring. And...nothing. I then turned off all the appliances in my apartment, and called a few more times....because if it were on vibrate, I could hear it vibrating. But nothing. And that leads me to believe it is no longer in the apartment, which leads me to believe perhaps it accidentally left with either Pamela or Natalie this morning. I called and asked them when I realized it was missing, and they both said they didn't have it/hadn't seen it. I just called Pamela again and asked her to check in her bag just to make sure, for my own peace of mind. But seriously, I have turned my apartment upside down. I looked in all the cracks of the couch, under my sleeping mat, in all the drawers I opened today, felt the bottom of the trash bag, checked both the refrigerator and freezer (on the off chance I set it down when I was getting something out and left it there). I have looked in every conceivable spot it could be, at least three or four times. Now I'm to that point where I've looked so hard that it could be right in front of my face and I might not see it. I went out without it anyway, but I felt as if someone had amputated something from me. It's always in my hand, or on top of the stuff in my purse.

And so...there you have it. Super frustrating. I'll keep you posted.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health