« Home | Template change » | I really would like to change my template on here,... » | &$(@#!#@# $@*#@#)%#*$#@&! » | This is what I do at work...looking up tongue twis... » | Six Weird Things about Me » | Student loans and oomph » | The ZooZoo! » | The ZooZoo! Part TwoTwo! (just seemed necessary, y... » | And they call it monkey love » | Why oh why am I such a blogging slacker???I don't ... » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Life through my eyes

I took my camera to work with me one day last week in order to take a picture of that book (those pictures to follow these, I promise). Then I had my camera out, and took a few pictures that capture a pretty good part of my life here.

Here we have an adorable little Korean girl reaching for what I had in my hands. (In this case, it was my camera. Sometimes it's my basket, a flashcard, a book, my smiley stamp used for motivation, or sometimes she wants me to fly her so it's just my arms.) I then captured the action shot of her jumping to get what I foolishly and stubbornly refused to give her. I cannot even begin to tell you how used I am to having kids literally hanging all over me. And I know that's a kid thing, it's just complicated by the language barrier. Like the time I had eight 4 year olds piled on top of me because I had stupidly pretended to be sleeping to illustrate a point. I was literally stuck underneath them, only being able to remove one or two from on top of me, and then one started tickling my feet. Honestly, I thought I was going to wet my pants. I don't even remember how I got them off me...I think I cried "Candy!" (I am so not joking.) Or the time I had four of the same four year olds hanging on from different positions on my neck. I couldn't breathe and couldn't tell them (as air is kind of necessary for speech). Luckily one of the Korean teachers came in and saw my red-turning-blue face and saved me.

See, I teach high school, and we all speak the same language, but this is how it FEELS sometimes. Kids jumping up and down in front of me going, "oh oh oh oh oh! I WANT IT!!" But I gotta say that I've never had them climb on top of me and squish me. Heh...I'm sure some would like to. :)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health