« Home | I really would like to change my template on here,... » | &$(@#!#@# $@*#@#)%#*$#@&! » | This is what I do at work...looking up tongue twis... » | Six Weird Things about Me » | Student loans and oomph » | The ZooZoo! » | The ZooZoo! Part TwoTwo! (just seemed necessary, y... » | And they call it monkey love » | Why oh why am I such a blogging slacker???I don't ... » | Uuurrrrrrrgggggghhh..... » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Template change

I changed my template (I know, duh). Embarrassing as this is to admit, given that the only coworker who is a native English speaker reads this, I did it today at work. I am actually always quite busy at work, but had a lull today for a whole handful of reasons. So I spent the last 35 minutes before my class tweaking the template. I was quite proud that I did it all myself. The picture of Daive still looks a little stretched, but I'm okay with it.

Now for a new installment in the land of "You've got to be kidding me." For the sake of time spent typing, I'm going to remove all the cumbersome details that made the whole ordeal so frustrating and awkward, so please understand it was actually much worse than I'm making it out to be. :) Our downstairs neighbor called and ended up coming to our apartment, and looking on our back porch for a refrigerator. The language barrier was quite a problem here, and had me worried that this complete stranger (however nice he was) was looking for a non-existent refrigerator on my back porch. Said kind-but-potentially-insane stranger then asks me to go to his apartment for five minutes. *sigh* Okay. Now we'll skip by the massive awkwardness, the shock at how nice his family's apartment was compared to mine, and the extreme difficulties in communication to say that our air conditioner was keeping them awake at night. First of all, I have only had it on all night once. That would have been the night before this uncomfortable interaction. And it kept them awake?! The buses that pass by our building are louder than our air conditioner. They didn't ask me not to use it ever, but asked me to call the owner and have him fix it. The problem with that is that we're moving out in roughly three weeks. We have no idea if the owner is going to rent or sell the apartment. If he's selling it, there's NO way he'll fix/replace the A/C unit. And I'm honestly thrilled to death that it's June 29 and I just now really *need* the A/C. But at the same time, it's June 29 and I really *need* the A/C. Know what I mean?

Then there's the whole issue of moving in roughly three weeks to an as-of-yet undetermined location. I know that'll get worked out, but it just makes me feel very...unsettled. And PS - I hate moving.

Anyway, I have more I could say, but I'm going to go play with the template a little more and see what I can do. Good night!

Aw, I miss Daive. :) And good luck with the moving thing, too. LOL!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health