« Home | Life through my eyes » | Template change » | I really would like to change my template on here,... » | &$(@#!#@# $@*#@#)%#*$#@&! » | This is what I do at work...looking up tongue twis... » | Six Weird Things about Me » | Student loans and oomph » | The ZooZoo! » | The ZooZoo! Part TwoTwo! (just seemed necessary, y... » | And they call it monkey love » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Long Awaited Book Pictures

I understand the point of this book, I really do. I read the whole thing, and it's not like any of it is incorrect. I'm just not sure if it's appropriate for children, and I'm quite certain it's not appropriate for ESL kids. I didn't even say anything to the Korean staff about it. It's just one of those things. This so isn't the strangest book I've ever seen. There's this book about the birds and the bees, written in Korean (with the English title "Mummy Laid An Egg!") that was stunningly inappropriate. I'll try to dig it out sometime and scan the really atrocious pages. I'll leave you with this teaser though, when I was referring to it in conversation with Beth and Adam and I called it the "Kama Sutra for kids." Seriously SO inappropriate.

You know, there was a big to-do a few years ago about the "DARE" program. A couple parents said that their kids came out of the program knowing TOO MUCH about drugs and were afriad they'd try them out just to see what it was like. You'd think that they'd go for a nice EASY issue like sharing or taking care of pets or even FAMILY... Nope. Let's show baggies of coke and how much money people are willing to pay for it! THAT'LL teach those kids something!

Oh, oh my gosh. You do understand that you are going to have to buy this book for me, right?

-Bethany

^ Can you use it at your job? :) Ironically I can't use it at my job, but that's where I found it. The reality is I think it would be more appropriate for your job. And on that note, I will never forget that comment you made to that woman ages ago...remember? You had to get away quickly after saying it. Just thinking about it makes me laugh SERIOUSLY hard. Love you!

No, I probably couldn't use it at my job for anything other than going to my co-workers, showing it to them, and then laughing my butt off with them as they react to it. But, laughter is the thing that keeps most of us sane and employed, so technically, it would be VERY useful at my job!!

-Bethany

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health