« Home | My new Bible! » | Tonight I went to a bar... » | Long Awaited Book Pictures » | Life through my eyes » | Template change » | I really would like to change my template on here,... » | &$(@#!#@# $@*#@#)%#*$#@&! » | This is what I do at work...looking up tongue twis... » | Six Weird Things about Me » | Student loans and oomph » 

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 

A Confession...

I am currently uploading a Gaither CD to my iTunes right now, so I can put it on my iPod. I know this will make me the object of merciless teasing from my coworker who has a beef with the Gaithers. The thing is, it's just part of my childhood. The hymn-singing, the cheesy down-home twangy thing...my mom loved them, and I remember countless Saturday nights watching the Statler brothers show at my Grandma's house (different from the Gaithers but same kind of genre I believe). AND...my sister (second sister - the Konglish phrase for the second born, in this case my middle sister) who is WAY cooler than I could ever aspire to be, even has admitted to liking hymns, and *maybe* being a closet Gaither fan (I can't remember specifically which she liked. Guess I just outed her if I'm right, though.). I admit that some of the down-home hymn favorites may have less-than-perfect theology, but really...nobody and nothing is perfect.

Go easy on me.

Well...don't tell anyone, but I have an entire file on my hard drive of Statler Boys, Gaither Trio, Oak Ridge Boys, and Alabama singing old school gospel songs. I have another file of classic country tunes by most of them, too, but I have a special place for "Rock of Ages" and "Just a Closer Walk" and such. :) But yeah, don't tell anyone cuz it might ruin my reputation or something. Ahem. Love you!

AH HA HA HA HA!!

-B

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health