« Home | Jibbitz! » | The Mistake of My Life » | My friend YoonHo was over Saturday night, and we w... » | So I was just reading the news, and the picture be... » | Living in a foreign country makes one appreciate t... » | I feel like I've been marinating all day in my own... » | The New Me » | Misc. Christmas Pictures » | Decorating Christmas Cookies on Christmas Eve, Part 2 » | Decorating Christmas Cookies on Christmas Eve » 

Monday, January 29, 2007 

Tis the season...

for serious nose-picking.

Having lived in Florida my entire life, I'm not sure if this winter-specific nose-picking plague hits all places that actually have a season that can be called "winter," or if it's just a Seoul thing, but this is the third winter I have spent being grossed out way too often by the amount of nose picking that goes on around me. And I wish I could say it was just my students that did it. That at least would be understandable. I mean, nose picking is a universal kid thing. But adults of all ages, genders, and professions...I see them just going to town...in public. It's pretty gross. And I understand that it's dry here...but still. I know there are alternatives.

So today in one of my classes, this little boy was picking his nose. It was in the class of 5-year olds, where I have, for the most part, given up on trying to get them to stop picking their noses. It just won't happen. I'm wasting my breath. Anyway, this very smart boy was picking his nose while listening intently and answering questions - he should get points for an early ability to multi-task. Anyway, he evidently jabbed/stabbed himself, because he abruptly and hastily removed the finger, examined it for any blood he might have caused by the jabbing, and then continued answering my questions while wiping the involuntary tears from his eyes. Poor kid. Perhaps my description doesn't explain it well, but it was really very funny.

Wow, that's crazy. And gross. Very gross.

Yeah, I mean, I can understand the occasional pick at a stoplight, but wow. It sounds like what's considered gross is quite different there.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health