« Home | My Plans » | Good news! » | Happy New Year! » | » | Lawyers and Liars » | » | SO funny! » | Good news and better news » | Definitely a unique experience » | Let's talk about one of my fourth grade classes... » 

Thursday, February 10, 2005 

I'm watching the news!

I'm currently loitering in Kylie and Donovan's apartment, where there is a TV (with cable!), and an internet connection. I'm watching NBC news right now! It's very exciting!

So our trip to building 63 yesterday was relatively fun. We saw an IMAX movie, Lions of the Kalahari (or something like that). We had to sit in a certain section of the theater and use an earphone to listen to the movie in English. It was the least IMAX-like movie I've seen in my life, which was actually very okay with me. I only got sick to my stomach a few times. It was very violent though, quite a few little Korean babies and children had to leave because they were (rightly so) afraid of the lions roaring, and traumatized by the scenes where the lionesses were attacking and eating the gazelles.

Anyway, there is also an aquarium in the building, and it was nice. It was definitely one of those "You know you're not in Florida when...." moments. There was a section of the aquarium where there were large fish and one decently large turtle and that turtle had the attention of almost everyone in the aquarium. At one point I saw a catfish, and I said to Kylie and Donovan that catfish was a kind of fish I actually liked, and they didn't even know that people ate catfish! It's so funny the kind of moments that serve as culture shock.

I had a very nice time yesterday. I'm enjoying my last day of the break too, still in my pajamas, sitting in Kylie and Donovan's apartment, and plan on being entirely lazy for the rest of the day. Very nice....I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Hello Adventure"ee",

I am so sorry that I haven't gotten to you sooner, but let me tell you or not (not everything anyway) that it's been a crazy ride! God is so good though! He's got these awesome plans for me and I am VERY thankful for them!

Let me just basically say, as my boyfriend (yes, that's what I said) put it, I am moving to Dallas (well, Plano) Texas, to be with my "high school sweetheart". Rather amazing!!!! So, God sold my house without me even putting it on the market, my last day at RBC is next Tuesday the 15th, Jeff arrives the following Wednesday to put my stuff in a Penske truck and my CRV on a car hauler, I close on my house on the 24th and move on the 25th! Whew! So, that's my excuse...am I doing good so far????

Well, of course, I have a stupid moment for you. Yep, got the plane ticket for Jeff from DFW to JAX,'cept I got it backwards, JAX to DFW. I felt like a bozo. I told the lady at American Airlines that I had a BIG BOO-BOO...she didn't seem amused...which was rather disappointing because I guess I was laughing at myself, so then I felt even more stupid. And in the midst of all this, I rent a Penske truck that was too big. Thank goodness they let you downsize because it saved me about $250!

So, how are you liking it in Korea? Sounds much better than your previous residence. I am delighted that you are back online! I enjoy reading your about your life!

Well, it's late and I've got work in the morning. Take care of yourself and don't do anything stupid! =) *wink, wink*

Sending My Love,

JoAnna

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health