« Home | I have found the love of my life » | Blogging - convenient or avoidance? » | Not feeling so great » | Freedom in an unexpected way » | This picture of my nephew and my brother-in-law, t... » | Joan rocking out and singing to Melissa. Joan is o... » | Classic, part 1 » | Classic, part 2 » | Mr. Moon and Mr. Lee showing their appreciation fo... » | Melissa took things down a notch (her words, not m... » 

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 

I filed my taxes

For those of you who would even consider raining on my parade...just don't. I don't care how grown up you are because you've done your own taxes before. Really...I don't care. I have never filed my own taxes before. Of course I've only had to file taxes twice before anyway, and my Dad did them for me both times - and he maintains it was simply so it wouldn't screw up HIS taxes, seeing as how I was his dependent, but he can't fool me. He's actually just a really nice guy. Nonetheless, he sent me my W-2 (pushing me out of the nest). I've been panicking slightly about it...but I just sat down and filed my taxes online. It's funny, because I claimed the $31 of interest paid on my student loans (ironically paid by my father, not me) because I didn't want to be dishonest or get in trouble if I was audited, but I lied repeatedly about my address (you can't e-file if you live overseas). I'm such a hypocrite. And state income taxes are just plain evil. The residency rules are just retarded. I got confused and just made up a date for my residency in Alabama....I'm sure I screwed them up, but I'll bask in the joy of simply having completed them (whether right or wrong) until I get an email telling me just how severely I screwed them up. I am getting sick yet again (not cramps, another cold, or perhaps just some freaky mutation of the same one I've had since I got here). My throat is all scratchy and sore all the time, especially at night. It's just no fun. Tonight though, I watched Stuck on You with Kylie and Donovan. I must say that I found it far funnier than I ever thought I would. I think I'm becoming less of a snob towards stupid humor. (Stupid as in the genre, not making a value judgment or anything) Nonetheless, it was quite humorous, and it put me in a much better mood. Today was a busy day, and not entirely pleasant, truth be told. On that note, I'm (hopefully) off to bed. Night!

Filing taxes is a hard task, which is the reason why many seek the help of CPA’s. That’s actually a good way to avoid the stress of tax day. Anyway, filing your taxes on your own was definitely something to be applauded. Next time though, I suggest that you gather all the information so you won’t have a hard time dealing with the paperwork.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health