« Home | By the way » | I bought a food processor today! There's no way to... » | Harrumph Importantly » | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » | Pouches, Predictions, and dog-related traumatic in... » | Time Change » | Poor Pensacola! » | Links! (Finally!) » 

Sunday, April 10, 2005 

"It's just the same story a doctor once told me," observed the elder. "He was a man getting on in years, and undoubtedly clever. He spoke as freely as you, though in sarcasm, in bitter sarcasm. 'I love humanity,' he said, 'but I wonder at myself... I am incapable of living in the same room with anyone for two days together. I know from experience. As soon as anyone is near me, his personality disturbs me and restricts my freedom. In twenty-four hours I begin to hate the best of men: one because he's too long over his dinner, another because he has a cold and keeps on blowing his nose. I become hostile to people at the moment they come close to me.' "

- The elder speaking to the woman of little faith, page 65 in The Brothers Karamazov

Man, I think that's another one of those odd little genetic things that we've been 'gifted' with. I'm bound to find something I detest about my closest friends. The hard part is remembering the good parts-somehow it's easier to get ticked off than tickled. I dunno why that is, but (as you know I like to say) there you go. Find your happy place, Resa! :)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health