« Home | "It's just the same story a doctor once told me," ... » | By the way » | I bought a food processor today! There's no way to... » | Harrumph Importantly » | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » | Pouches, Predictions, and dog-related traumatic in... » | Time Change » | Poor Pensacola! » 

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 

Last night Daive broke one of her nails. Normally that wouldn't be too big of a deal, but it kinda was. It's nearly impossible to explain to all of you who don't have a dog and aren't too familiar with dog nails and paw pads and such, but nonetheless, it wasn't any of the nails actually on her paw. It was the one on the inside of her leg, an inch or so away from her paw - I call it the thumb nail even though dogs obviously don't have thumbs. Anyway, there was blood on the floor, and I didn't even see it. Kylie noticed it first, then I thought I had been playing too rough with her and it was coming from her mouth. But no...from the nail. It cracked really really high up, but it didn't come off. I have nothing to take it off with - this has happened to her before, and the delightful folks at Banfield always took care of it for me. I held her for awhile with a cloth around it to stop the bleeding, and in a moment of desperation put a glove (an old one) on that foot held on by a ponytail holder. She wasn't so fond of that. But now she won't stop licking it, and it randomly starts to bleed. I need to take her and get all of her nails trimmed, because I can't hold her and trim them at the same time now. I suppose this will just force me to do it - perhaps after work today.

Did I mention that I bought two GRE study books last week? I don't think I did but I can't remember. I did part of the diagnostic test in one of the books and felt like a complete and total idiot. That's good though, because it will make the purchase of the books actually worthwhile. I really should be getting ready for school, so I'll go. But please do go read this - a pet peeve of mine as well, but she expresses herself far more clearly than I ever could.

wonder if they have country music in korea? lol

Hmmm... Next time try sock with a rubberband and fill it with flour or cornstarch... Or scrape the nail over a bar of semi soft soap... Do you need some nail trimmers?

Awww..poor Davie...you give him a hug for me and tell him it'll be all better! I understand that being a cat lover and I call it the "thumb" too!

Anyway, I saw this on the web a few minutes ago and thought you would enjoy it...it is in no way related to your posts, but a previous post you had some time back. Hope you are well!

http://www.news4jax.com/technology/4368492/detail.html

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health