« Home | Yesterday afternoon I became very dizzy. It was ve... » | Frustration » | This past weekend I walked out of a movie in a the... » | Animal Sounds and Cultural Beliefs » | This is a picture from the June National Geographi... » | Splurge » | Meet Claude » | Thoroughly adorable » | This is me getting creative - the purple blanket i... » | This was one of the first pictures taken during th... » 

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 

I feel like I've succumbed. What is my job? I am an English teacher. I am employed specifically because I am a native speaker of English. When I first started working here, I remarked that we were like overpriced baby-sitters. I have since changed my opinion. But right now I'm struggling with perspective. It's not as if I think my job is incredibly important. Actually, it's not the teaching that stresses me out. The teaching stresses me out only insofar as it is preventing me from completing all the paperwork I have to do, that is already actually quite overdue. The new teacher arrived Monday, and is extremely pleasant. The issue is that now we're having meetings galore, every five minutes, pointless meetings, which prevent the rest of us from getting anything more obviously productive accomplished. I actually am really enjoying my job - I'm getting some slightly different responsibilities (or rather existing responsibilities are being tweaked a little), but I'm in that stressful "No matter how much I get done, I'm still behind," state, which is no fun no matter how you look at it. But I'm just a nervous ball of energy and anxiety. The doctor told me that the muscles in my neck are so tight she thinks I should go to physical therapy. It's just all too much right now. Things should change drastically for the better next week, but I'm just worn down. I feel like this is a totally useless post, really just rehashing the complaints from the last two, so please forgive me. I would just trash it, were it not for the fact that I spent time typing this that I could have been sleeping, and therefore am going to treat it as if it contains something worth posting for that reason alone. Good night, and I promise I will work on being more pleasant in the next post.

You just need to vent sometimes!! Let it out....what's the most important thing right now? YOU!!! Hugs, GA Mom

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health