« Home | Frustration » | This past weekend I walked out of a movie in a the... » | Animal Sounds and Cultural Beliefs » | This is a picture from the June National Geographi... » | Splurge » | Meet Claude » | Thoroughly adorable » | This is me getting creative - the purple blanket i... » | This was one of the first pictures taken during th... » | I....hate....animals » 

Friday, June 24, 2005 

Yesterday afternoon I became very dizzy. It was very sudden and very random. One minute I was fine, and the next minute I was having a hard time formulating coherent thoughts and I had to hold on to the desk I was sitting at because I was afraid I might fall out of my chair. I held it together for awhile, thinking it would pass, and it didn't right away. Then I went and laid down in the "gym" beside the teacher's room for about five minutes, which also didn't help. I went to my next class and had to sit down the whole time and have one of the students play the cassette tape for me and write words or sentences on the board because I couldn't stand up and I could only barely move my head because of the dizziness. I was determined to make it through the day because there was a dinner meeting for the writers of the devotional my church puts out, and I was really looking forward to going. The dizziness abated slightly, but the cab ride from school to the place where we were meeting nearly did me in. By the time I got back to my apartment and laid down (at around 9:45 because I couldn't keep my eyes open a second longer) I was a mess. I was dizzy, nauseous, and sore all over. My head hurt like it does the day after a migraine and I felt gross. I didn't sleep well, in part due to the cat. At 1:00 AM I started crying tears of frustration (being SO tired and feeling so bad and not being able to sleep) and I threw the cat into the bathroom and turned on the fan of the small heater I have to try to drown out the meowing. I called the International Clinic this morning and went in to see the doctor. I've been dizzy to varying degrees all day, and the cause is unknown. There's a chance it could be a migraine presenting itself differently (I usually have a spot in my field of vision). There's a chance it could be any host of things. The doctor prescribed me a muscle relaxer, some antivert-type medicine, and some medicine to help me actually fall asleep. I was going to go to a pharmacy before I went to work, but the cab ride nearly did me in. I never realized how much movement exists around me until just now...I nearly puked in the delightful man's cab. I had bought some food at one of the places at the hospital, but was so nauseous from the drive that I couldn't eat it when I got to work. I couldn't actually do any work, either. Pretty much all I could do was sit in my chair slumped over covering my eyes, or looking down at the ground. It was absolutely no good, and realistically I should have gone home. Practically, it was impossible. We're short a teacher as is, so I toughed it out. All day long I've felt like I've ridden 80 roller coasters - that nauseous, motion-sickness-headache, I just want to lie down in a cold dark room, feeling. And I really want to describe my experience today with reflexology (I think that's what Kylie said it's known as in North America) but not only am I tired, the screen is still spinning, and my palms are bruised (reflexology and homemade accupuncture with toothpicks). Long story. Very funny. Another night.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health