« Home | Ironic, if you ask me » | A famous cultural place Peter took me to - I can't... » | Close-up of the same building - you can see the sm... » | If I remember correctly (which, as we know by now,... » | On our way out of the temple we visited. In fact, ... » | Taken from the parking lot, looking up at the Grea... » | Obligatory pose next to the statue with Chairman M... » | This is from the Great Wall - I think the Coke umb... » | A shot looking up, towards where I was not brave (... » | Looking from the Great Wall, across the valley, to... » 

Friday, August 05, 2005 

My Vacation

Okay, I'm back. Yes, Peter's in China. (He said I could say that.) And Freezer, he doesn't email anyone - so don't feel bad. (We actually had a conversation at the airport as I was leaving about his inability to communicate via email.) I was in China for five days, with Peter for four, and in Beijing for about half a day. Pictures are below. I'm not sure if the page is loading strangely only on my computer, but there are quite a few, and if they don't all show up, just click on the August 2005 archives link and they'll all come up.

So my vacation. In five sentences or less: Relaxing, refreshing, necessary, facilitated recuperation. (That only counts as one as this parenthesis counts for nothing.) Pete and I had a lot of really amazing and deep conversations, about spiritual things, about living overseas, and much more. That was one of the best parts. The other best part was how it opened my eyes further to the spiritual darkness that exists in the world outside the Bible Belt. I had an amazing time, and I want to go back.

I realized today that I've been blogging for over a year now - this blog combined with the L'Chaim blog from Israel. More than a year....I won't wax eloquent about it, but I will say that while I may be as wordy as I was then, it's wordiness coming from a very different heart and attitude.

i'm jealous that you got to see pete. i'm glad you got to spend some time with him.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health