« Home | Taken from the parking lot, looking up at the Grea... » | Obligatory pose next to the statue with Chairman M... » | This is from the Great Wall - I think the Coke umb... » | A shot looking up, towards where I was not brave (... » | Looking from the Great Wall, across the valley, to... » | Facing the other direction. I admit, the mountains... » | From one of the guardhouses (you can kinda see the... » | Climbed back down, and this is the important spot. » | Me, red and sweaty, on the Great Wall. (Before I l... » | This is quite interesting. They have stretches of ... » 

Friday, August 05, 2005 


On our way out of the temple we visited. In fact, Peter didn't hear me say I was stopping to take a picture, so he's up beside the incense altar thing. Interesting, if you look up on the corners of the buildings, there are little animal statues. The number of animals shows the importance of the building. Interesting also is that the doorways are all raised, due to the belief that it helps keep evil spirits out and good spirits (my tour guide in Beijing said luck) in. Posted by Picasa

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health