« Home | Red and yellow black and white » | I was thrilled beyond expression yesterday to find... » | I was up until 4 AM this morning doing....a variet... » | Anyone good at writing resumes? I need a good obje... » | The smell of bananas has nothing on the smell of j... » | I hate the smell of bananas. There are some beside... » | Mondays are my late days - I work from noon to 9:0... » | I haven't had a cat for long enough to speak for h... » | A tour of my apartment » | De-Claude » 

Thursday, October 20, 2005 

I don't even know how many times I've worn dangly earrings to work. I've even worn these particular ones to work many times. This particular student even noticed them before, because I asked him about them when we were doing the animal unit (the earrings are shaped like fish). But today, in a fit of eagerness to show me how smart he was, he grabbed my earring, yanked, and yelled, "FISH!" He didn't pull it out, but he really hurt my ear. And he's easily the cutest kid in the class, so I didn't want to yell at him or scold him. I just said, "Please don't do that again, yes?" and took out my earrings for the rest of the day.

Another interesting factoid...they sell these fancy erasers here. One side is an eraser, then the other side has a sticky roller. It's to pick up the eraser shavings. It then collects it in this little bin. Not to throw away, of course....that would be too easy. Or just brushing it off the table...that would be far too easy. The kids collect it, as much of as they possibly can, then they call it "eraser dung." What is perhaps even more interesting (at least it was to me) is that the eraser shavings (which have the consistentcy of mushy play-doh) can still erase, if you just squish it over what you want erased. You have to do it repeatedly, of course, but it still works.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health