« Home | I hate the smell of bananas. There are some beside... » | Mondays are my late days - I work from noon to 9:0... » | I haven't had a cat for long enough to speak for h... » | A tour of my apartment » | De-Claude » | Not sure if I mentioned the slight shopping spree ... » | Fireworks and the small multi-colored strands of C... » | I went to sleep at 2 AM and got up at 9:30. That's... » | You have just got to see this...and please feed hi... » | One of my K-7 students had been absent for over a ... » 

Friday, October 14, 2005 

The smell of bananas has nothing on the smell of jambalaya. *gag* The word alone reduces me to a helpless gagging mess. I ate some crab jambalaya once around the age of 10 and was up puking and dry-heaving for FAR too long. I can't stomach the word now, let alone the food. And while I'm sure whatever was being cooked at my school this evening wasn't jambalay, it certainly did smell like it. It just goes to show how powerful scent can be. I couldn't imagine that, fourteen years later, I'd remember the smell. But I realized tonight that I certainly do remember the smell *gagging again, for real*. It's just horrid. Blar.

Texture and smell are both very important to me. I don't care how good something tastes if it doesn't smell good (my definition of good) and if the texture isn't pleasant (my definition of pleasant) then I can't stomach it.

See, that's exactly why I can't eat octopus or squid here...especially the dried squid jerky. Maybe it tastes good (or maybe it tastes like old shoe leather soaked in fish juice - the jerky, that is) but it's shudder-inducing. Same reason I can't eat the rice cake thingies here...the consistency makes me queasy.

Ah yes, I can completely relate. I cannot stand smelling grease, as in eating at Waffle House. It just turns my stomach because when I was young I had a puking episode as you did...so, my parents used to lock me in the car when they went to WH. Can you imagine nowadays? They'd be in jail! LOL!

Love ya!

PS...I knew the comment about the dictionary type book wasn't about me...I was trying to be funny. Sorry I made you feel bad...I only had good intentions.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health