« Home | In the past two weeks I have been to the doctor fo... » | My homeLook in the middle of the map, and you shou... » | Brother Yun » | Happy Thanksgiving!No turkey today...am looking fo... » | Korean Tact » | $5 Pop-Tarts » | Ants » | A new template, and a whole heap of new links...ho... » | Ache all over.... if this is the flu it's gonna be... » | Does Not Play Well With Others » 

Saturday, December 03, 2005 

It's snowing!!!

The Canadian (Kylie) happens to mention this off-hand as she's sitting and talking to me in my apartment. Being the Florida girl that I am, I shout some sort of exclamation, and run to the tiny window in my apartment (as a strand of Christmas lights is perched rather precariously on the large windows) to see if perhaps she is fibbing. Miracle of miracles, she's telling the truth! She's unimpressed by the whole thing (after all, she is from Canada) but as soon as she leaves Daive and I put on our coats and rush downstairs. Unfortunately it's not powdery snow that sticks. It's just falling ice...the ground is wet, and after standing in the street looking awe-struck (and stupid, I'm sure) Daive and I are also rather wet. So we came upstairs....a little disappointed. But I know it'll snow again. It has snowed since I've been here...but only once that I was actually out while it was happening. Most of the time I would wake up and there'd be a bit of snow on the ground. It's thrilling!

Today I went and bought a cell phone with an English menu. As it was used, and therefore much cheaper, I opted to go with one that had a camera on it. The quality of the pictures is horrible, but it's entertained me rather well today, I must say. I also bought more Christmas decorations today, a new purse, some yarn, and a crochet hook. It's been a remarkably productive day. Oh yes, and some strawberry pop-tarts. Yet another box of $5.00 pop-tarts. I also bought a $4.00 bag of Combos...funny the things I miss. However, I resisted the urge to buy the $10.00 bag of doritoes. Not sure how long my will power can last though. The market where I bought the Christmas decorations also had a small import section, where I purchased two bottles of Italian dressing and a package of Dayquil (at a whopping $7.00 for 12 capsules...but luckily I've forgotten how much that costs at home, so I'll say it's not too bad). I'm really tired though, as I had to get up at 7:30 for a seminar. That's a story for another day though. I'm beat. Night all.

Although the quality of the pics on my camera phone isn't great either, they seem to be a little better once uploaded to my computer. The pics on my site of me and my nephew and our Christmas tree were taken with my phone.

I understand where you're coming from paying for expensive American food. Our ah-hah moment in Africa was when we paid between $5-10 for a bottle of Heinz Ketchup.

I think my sister, Bekah, is going through the same withdrawals right now.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health