« Home | Update » | Only because Christie asked me to...Three names yo... » | I'm here, alive, moved in, but exhausted. » | I have been incredibly busy. Last week I had a mee... » | » | Wax Museum » | From the commentary on Romans I am reading right now: » | This is Christine (Chung-Un is her Korean name), o... » | The picture only shows the aftermath. To get the i... » | I got these two notes (from the same girl, by the ... » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

the new job isn't going as well as I had hoped

And to illustrate my point, this is the inquiry I just sent to the American Lung Association:

I have owned dogs for all 25 years of my life. My current employer (Korean) has hinted that my respiratory problems are related to pet hair getting stuck in my lungs rather the pollution in Seoul. He "knows" someone who died because their lungs supposedly filled up with pet hair. He says once pet hair gets in the lungs, it can't get out. To get him to shut up about it, I am trying to prove him wrong, but as it seems rather ridiculous I can find no proof online. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

I can point to no particular studies, but I can tell you that dog hair is too large to become lodged in the lungs.

Unfortunately, the fine particulates in outdoor air pollution can, and are a major lung health concern wordwide.


Bob Moffitt
Communication Director
American Lung Association of Minnesota.

Bob Moffitt, you are my hero! That's too great of you! I'm going to print it out and take it to work.

Even my cat can hack up a fur ball. Certainly a human could do the same thing....Don't you think you would cough as something passed through the air passages?...GA mom

First, I miss you! My long lost, much loved, extremely missed, always thought well of, GA mom.

Second, exactly! Thinking about size of dog hair, when I get one of Daive's hairs in my mouth, on the scale of my mouth, it seems HUGE. I get it out of my mouth. And I think I would cough.

The whole thing is just so far beyond ridiculous, but...add it to the list of bizarre beliefs some Koreans hold (i.e., walking in the rain will make your hair fall out, sleeping with a fan on with all windows and doors closed will kill you as it sucks the air out of your body).

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health