« Home | the new job isn't going as well as I had hoped » | Update » | Only because Christie asked me to...Three names yo... » | I'm here, alive, moved in, but exhausted. » | I have been incredibly busy. Last week I had a mee... » | » | Wax Museum » | From the commentary on Romans I am reading right now: » | This is Christine (Chung-Un is her Korean name), o... » | The picture only shows the aftermath. To get the i... » 

Monday, February 27, 2006 

i hate cats

I do. I can't stand them. I'm a dog person through and through. I know of some people who are hybrids - equally dog and cat people. Not me. I like cats if they act like dogs. My cat, sadly, does not act like a dog. He used to. But in the two weeks he's been gone, someone schooled him in the art of cat-ness. And frankly, I can't stand him. I'm awake right now because he's been yowling for almost an entire hour. He's locked up in my bedroom with me because the apartment hasn't been cat-proofed yet. He has food (two kinds to choose from, dog and cat, even!), water, and a litterbox. There are countless places for him to hide and burrow and sleep, which is all he's done since he arrived slightly over 12 hours ago. Yet he has chosen to yowl at the door. Sometimes, just to mix things up, he comes and stands on top of my chest, with all 15 pounds-ish of his weight on the four tiny painful paws of his, and yowls in my face. I even was going to be nice. I let him out into the living room/kitchen area, took my blanket, and was going to sleep on the couch. But no. The yowling kept on. So now I'm at that already-was-angry-and-am-now-so-much-angrier-that-I-cannot-fall-back-asleep state. And I hate that state. Especially since any yawn or admission of weariness at my new job is greeted with the beyond irritating statement that I'm only tired because my brain needs oxygen, a problem that could be solved through exercise. Said exercise would consist of me walking in the far-too-cold outside to get fresh air. (Fresh Seoul air?! No such thing!) All in all, this is an event I try very hard to avoid because it's just not pleasant, and there's no arguing with them. Even when I state the case plainly, "If I don't get enough sleep, I will be tired no matter how much oxygen my brain has." they just do the little laugh-because-I-don't-understand-what-you-say -either-due-to-my-poor-English-or-due-to-the-fact-that-you-aren't-worth-the-brain-power.

So I just kind of hit the cat. That shut him up for a few minutes. But now he's hiding in my wardrobe and yowling into a pile of clothes. Stupid cat.

Now I have to go get all the pillows I threw at the cat and take them back to bed. Need to restock my ammo.

I hate cats.

i heard one time that cats are real sensetive to their surroundings and they don't like drastic change. like it flips them out to have to move. i bet it'll shut up in a day or so. and if not, well you know the jokes people over here have about asian cuisine, you could probably hawk him off to the local jin-jin.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health