« Home | Found » | Like losing an arm or something... » | We are not necessarily doubting that God will ... » | It's been overall a good week. I was out of work s... » | I'm sure you're tired of me posting pictures of my... » | I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I notice... » | This is the view from my front door. (Notice the r... » | I did it. » | In exactly ten minutes I have a meeting with the o... » | My work, due to miscommunication (a term which, lo... » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

Oh, for the faith of a four year old...

Last Wednesday I was sick and didn't go to work. I tried to go in for the afternoon classes, but was promptly sent back home. I was talking to Adam (the other teacher), and his daughter Emma came in while we were talking just as Adam was telling me that his family would pray for me that night. I had my head on my desk and was concentrating most strenuously on not puking everywhere, and Emma said to Adam really quietly, "Daddy, I want to pray for Teresa tonight, okay?" Adam said that they would. So the next day, Adam asked me if Emma had told me how she had prayed for me. I said no, and he was telling me about it just as she walked in. I told Emma that I felt much better than the day before, and she just nodded and said quite simply, "God answered my prayer."

Do you think God is answering our prayers when we don't even know it?

GA Mom

^ For sure.

It's ironic to me because the wife of my boss said something about how she prayed for her allergy problems and they got better, hinting I should do the same. I felt quite indignant about that - and thought about asking her if God intended for her to always be healthy...if that was His will. But somehow it is different coming from a four year old.

I guess just the so-far-undiluted purity of her image of God is what I wish I had. Does that make sense?

Glad you are feeling better!

--Bethany

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health