« Home | A Confession... » | My new Bible! » | Tonight I went to a bar... » | Long Awaited Book Pictures » | Life through my eyes » | Template change » | I really would like to change my template on here,... » | &$(@#!#@# $@*#@#)%#*$#@&! » | This is what I do at work...looking up tongue twis... » | Six Weird Things about Me » 

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 

My dog and I both have digestion difficulties while the cat is fine. This means one of two things: either Daive and I should switch to Science Diet Hairball Control, or we're both too high strung.

I'm in a strange mood tonight. Though there are at least a handful of things I could have been doing (writing for the devotional, packing, or doing way-overdue student evaluations) I chose instead to take a bath, study for the written driver's test, give Daive a bath, and then do my homework for counseling. Now that I have written it down, I've been quite productive. I don't feel like I've been productive though, because I think the other things are a bit more pressing.

So I'm in counseling. I'm pretty sure most of you that read this know that, and if you didn't know I was getting it, you know I need it! My counselor is amazing. I've been seeing her for nine or ten months now. She's about to go to the States for a month (where she grew up and her parents still live) and I'll be leaving for the States just as she gets back. With that, and a few other things in the middle, I won't be seeing her for about two months. So she gave me some homework: I have to write down what I have learned/realized in the time we've been meeting. Needless to say, that's a lot. I think this is really a sort of realization time - I am naturally introspective (no, really?!) and always get that way before any kind of change (in this case, a move). Between that, and then this homework, I have realized that, by God's grace, I have come a L-O-N-G way over the past year. I won't get into the icky details, but take my word for it. I'm just so thankful I got to a low enough point to not care about the stigma of counseling. You know honestly, as I sit here and think about it, I think my counseling with her is very much like intensive discipleship or mentoring. The whole "nothing new under the sun" thing kicks in here. We have taken something that has existed probably since shortly after the fall of man and stuck a new label on it (and given it a new stigma). There's definitely more attention paid to thinking patterns and underlying assumptions/foundations, but I think that's cultural. And you know, I have the distinct impression that I'm not making any sense right now. So...moving on...

I'm buying a car. It's a used car - belonged to my roommate's old roommate. She left Korea for what she thought was a short time, but now it ends up that she isn't coming back. The nice thing is that when a foreigner leaves Korea, they usually just want to get rid of the stuff they can't take with them, and don't care a whole heap about money. In fact, with the meager amount of money I'm paying her, I don't even think it's right to say that I'm buying it. It's more like she's giving it to me and I'm giving her a small thank-you gift. Anyway, it's a 1994 Hyundai Elantra. It's not all settled yet - have to get my license, figure out registration (if I have to wait to register it in my name till she comes back in September), and insurance. All I know is that no matter how much all of the previous things cost, it will save me money, because I take taxis WAY too much.

Then there's moving...I don't know where or when yet, but I'm praying that it's extremely close to Beth & Adam and very soon. I'll keep you updated. In the meanwhile, I'm off for now. Night all.

Bwa ha to the diet switch! That's hilarious... Congrats on the car! And as for apartments, I'm guessing that you're going with something without a roommate this time...I think that's a genetic thing though. I love hanging out with my friends but I can only do it for so long. I need some "me" time, thanks much. Good luck with that. And get your booty home soon! We miss you!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health