« Home | Thanks Haley! » | In a not-so-great mood (again - sorry) » | Yay! » | Eager, not obsessive » | I think I've had a personal breakthrough of sorts.... » | Some may not believe me » | I'm listening to Jay-Z and Linkin Park » | Things I've Thought About Today » | Quite clever » | "Get On" » 

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 

Quotes too good not to share

"The question remains why millions of people would want to watch a large man in glasses wave his arms around online to a Romanian pop song."

- A little 'Numa Numa' leads to loss of privacy


Does this article remind anyone else of the beginning of the Simpsons episode that came on after the Superbowl?


"And young women have a stubborn stoicism about looking sexy. It makes them feel cheap and dumb, whereas the virginal look requires a certain intelligence to pull off."
- The Revenge of the Virgin


This article is referring mostly to Japanese women, but I still like it. In Israel there seemed to be a lot more modesty. Well, modesty was around - but there was hardly any in-between. There were the modest women (AKA, the religious ones - both Jewish and Muslim) and then there was everyone else. Anyway, you can dress modestly and not look like a complete freak, though I'm not sure looking like a nerd is so bad. Embrace what/who you are! And just to prove my point, I'm going to wear my black skirt with pants underneath it to work tomorrow (something I've been considering, but didn't have the guts to do until this article) - yay for being a virginal nerd!

Why not here? An interesting, optimistic article about the effect of the United States on the world. I'm entirely new to the idea of even attempting to keep up with what is going on in the world, so therefore my opinions aren't really all that formed. The war in Iraq is obviously a hot topic, and one I try to read about and think on, but it's so complicated.

I'm aware of the trend this blog has taken, from updates about my life in Korea to being just a journal where I share my thoughts. But becoming a person who is aware that there's a whole lot going on outside of my own world - I think it's an important part of the growing up process. So bear with me in that regard. I'm also aware that I've been rather dreary lately, and I apologize if perhaps I've been too dreary with no explanation of the cause. I really am quite happy where I am. My job is great overall, though there are inevitably good and bad days. Any unhappiness of mine has to do with growing pains, and though they hurt (and boy, do they!) they are for the best. So thank you for your patience, your encouragement, and your support. Thanks for coming back and reading on a regular basis, to you that do. As far as the person that I am goes, it's been a difficult, but uphill journey. I only hope that I can begin to express more of that here. Good night everyone.

Wow! You and I are going to have so much more in common..not that we didn't already or we wouldn't have made it this far...since I have made the BIG move. Last night was dreadful. I bawled and bawled because I missed my parents and my cat. I talked to my mom and my DOD (dear ole dad) on the phone last night and when I went to bed it just hit me. It made Jeff very uncomfortable, although he is very supportive. He came over and patted my back as I was crying...I was miserable. I know things will get better, but it is all happening so fast. Well, gotta email my resume in a minute, I'll post more on my blog later. Love ya! Stupid Moment Girl

Wow. Finally I found which thing I want. thanks for sharing with us.
mothers day quotes 2014

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health