« Home | My new favorite web site » | A Day of Firsts » | Happy Birthday Haley! » | The promised picture » | The market was:horrible, abhorrent, abominable, ap... » | Just thought I should mention this... » | A few noteworthy things » | I'm gonna be rich! » | I watched Fight Club for the first time this past ... » | Last night Daive broke one of her nails. Normally ... » 

Monday, April 25, 2005 

Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's funeral will be today in Graceville. I took the news of his death rather hard, even though I had been warned about it. He was an amazing professor who taught in an unforgettable way. I've been upset about it - obviously he's at home now, so I suppose it's a selfish kind of upset. He was always remarkably kind and warm, and being involved in the lives of his students. We discussed him being my surrogate grandfather. When he found out my mom had passed away, he kissed me on the forehead with tears in his eyes. I wrote my first sermon in one of his classes. I learned to love and appreciate the OT in his classes.

And so goes the story of countless BBI/FBTC/BCF students. I suppose I'm sad for all of us who no longer get to enjoy him and learn from him.

And I'm very homesick as well - I'm sad that I'm missing his funeral. I'm sad that I missed my niece's 3rd birthday party (which, incidentally, is the third birthday party in a row of hers that I've not been present at). Mother's day makes me sad. I'm sad that I won't be able to see my family and close friends until next January at the earliest. I hope it passes. I'm not so sure that it will at this point. I would stand for it just lessening at this point.

Although I can't even begin to relate to your situation - I can imagine, somewhat, how I would feel. I will pray for peace and strength in your life. That probably sounds insincere, but it truly is not.

Life happens, emotions are God's gift to us, feel them, learn what you need to, then ask for strength to walk ahead. One step in front of the other with your head held high looking forward to the next lesson. Big hugs!!! GA Mom

The funeral was very moving. Many familar and new faces were there. Multiple generations were present to pay their respects. Dr. Lee had everything planned in advance to the smallest detail. He left instructions on "half sheets of paper" for the 5 speakers. :)

^Imagine Dr. Lee using half sheets of paper?

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health