« Home | Last night Daive broke one of her nails. Normally ... » | "It's just the same story a doctor once told me," ... » | By the way » | I bought a food processor today! There's no way to... » | Harrumph Importantly » | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » | Pouches, Predictions, and dog-related traumatic in... » | Time Change » 

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 

I watched Fight Club for the first time this past Saturday night. I found it interesting and filled with all kinds of good points and amazing lines - that is, until the end. Then it just REALLY freaked me out. I stayed awake for two hours afterwards because I knew if I went right to sleep I'd have had some disturbing dreams. Anyway, lots of great lines. Now that it's been a few days, I can't recall exactly what made me think of this, but I remember thinking during the movie, "I wouldn't mind marrying a farmer." I won't try to explain the connection because it's actually rather fuzzy in my own mind at this point. Anyway, I was just reading an article online, and found an article about consumerism and thought it had everything to do with where my brain was after watching Fight Club.

First, many people have become detached from their labor, seeing work not as a
creative vocation but as a commodity to be sold in exchange for wages.


I am having a difficult time expressing my thoughts, so I'm going to just publish this as is, and perhaps add more later.

Before I do that though, I have to tell you all about what I read on Christie's site this morning that truly just made my day. The (sadly) infamous authors of the Left Behind books blasted NBC's "Revelation" mini-series as being "a mishmash of myth, silliness, and misrepresentations of Scripture." Read the article here. When I read that this morning, I was drinking some diet coke, and very nearly sprewed it all over my computer I laughed so hard. (Not a pretty thought, I know, but it's true.) I wanted to tell somebody all day at work, but it would've meant absolutely nothing to anyone, so I didn't. I need to go walk Daive and take her down to Kylie and Donovan's. They're watching her while I go meet a friend from church. Night everyone.

I knew that you would enjoy Fight Club, I just knew you would. I'm glad you enjoyed it, except for the end, in which case I'm sorry you were so freaked out. And Brad Pitt is freaking hot, even in a dirty teapot robe.
--Val--

i've never seen fight club, because everyone has always said that i wouldn't like it. i might have to check it out.

^ It really was quite disturbing at the end though - so be forewarned. If you do watch it, give yourself a window of time to do something pleasant and distracting afterwards.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health