« Home | I'm gonna be rich! » | I watched Fight Club for the first time this past ... » | Last night Daive broke one of her nails. Normally ... » | "It's just the same story a doctor once told me," ... » | By the way » | I bought a food processor today! There's no way to... » | Harrumph Importantly » | Tattoo removal » | Airports, Hospitals, Death, and Yoga » | Grandpa is a Homie » 

Friday, April 15, 2005 

A few noteworthy things

Anyone else in love with the new "Recover post" button? Oh, it makes me VERY happy!

I'm at work right now, but I just wanted to post a few things of note:


  • Wonderful, delightful, and pleasant Ellis has a blog! Check out "Where the living is easy" on the links.
  • Rickie actually posted on his site! I mention it only because I so enjoy reading his thoughts. I think to myself, "If I had a brain like that, I'd feel it was my duty to share my thoughts often." Not that I want him to get a big head (though we seem to share a big head problem in so far as the forehead size goes), but I would be very happy if he posted more frequently.
  • I went to the doctor for the first time here yesterday afternoon. One of my ears was hurting off and on for about a week, but it was "off" enough that I thought it wasn't a big deal. But yesterday it was "on" most all day. I went to a doctor Kylie had gone to that spoke English, and he looked in my ear with a camera, and I could see it on this screen. Like, the inside part that you never get to see - for good reason! I was thoroughly grossed out! Anyway, he cleaned out my ear - talking about a super q-tip I thought might come out of the other ear. He said it was starting to get infected, slathered the inside of my ear (nearly all the way to my brain) with antibiotic goo, and gave me a prescription. Might I add, that the visit (including the internal ear voyage, thermal therapy, and the antibiotic goo) cost 3,000 won (three dollars). The medicine cost 1,500 won (a buck fifty). And I do have insurance...but still. It's crazy.
  • I found a vet for Daive that (kinda) speaks English. (Haley, you and I can relax now!) I took her there yesterday to get that nasty nail issue taken care of. It was absolutely hilarious though, because both the vet and the nurse seemed rather terrified of her. They put a muzzle on her (or rather, they wanted to, but I did it for them) and put an e-collar (lampshade looking thing) on her. I offered to restrain her myself - I had to do that at Banfield before, so I know how - and she's my dog, and I'm well aware of just how freaky she is. Anyway, they pulled off the deviant nail, put stuff on it to make it stop bleeding, and trimmed all of her nails - for three dollars. I was in heaven. They also do the teeth cleaning (which she needs in the near future) with the bloodwork before to make sure she's healthy enough internally to handle the anesthesia.
  • I met the sweetest, most enjoyable little girl on my way to the doctor yesterday. She goes to English school (not the one I work at) and was speaking to me in English. It was thoroughly adorable, but I'll post about that later. Very cute - restored my faith in Korean children. (Aren't I awful?)

So yesterday was certainly a good day. And today will necessarily be a good day because it is Friday. Ah yes, if anyone has any idea how I can find out whether the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will be playing in Seoul, please let me know. I've searched the internet, and had no luck so far. Those books are so far beyond hilarious. Anyway, must go now.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health