« Home | I feel like I've succumbed. What is my job? I am a... » | Yesterday afternoon I became very dizzy. It was ve... » | Frustration » | This past weekend I walked out of a movie in a the... » | Animal Sounds and Cultural Beliefs » | This is a picture from the June National Geographi... » | Splurge » | Meet Claude » | Thoroughly adorable » | This is me getting creative - the purple blanket i... » 

Saturday, July 02, 2005 

Happy Canada Day!

I have every reason to expect that this post will be remarkably more cheerful than others lately. Here are some things supporting my happy mood:

1. It's Friday.
2. The new teacher is here and starts teaching on his own Monday, which means just two more days of an insane schedule before I return to a much more realistic schedule.
3. It's 2:00 AM and I spent the last two and a half hours playing card games with Kylie - first Uno, and then Speed. I lost 90% of the time, but I won the last game, and that has to count for something. In any case, what would have been an enjoyable time in the first place became even more delightful because we were both slaphappy and laughing excessively. A good time was had by all.
4. It's Canada Day (well, until two hours ago, it was). And I for one, think everyone should know at least one Canadian. I didn't know any until Kylie and Donovan, and they're really quite delightful. (Don't be too hard on me - I'm from Florida, and never met any of the snowbirds who could have potentially been from Canada. I also never met any Jewish people till I went to Israel - call me sheltered.) Sad to say, I'm not sure if it ever occurred to me that people actually lived in Canada....I always thought it was just too cold for that. Nonetheless, this holiday celebrates the British North America Act (July 1, 1867) which made Canada an independent domain of England. In honor of the holida

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health