« Home | So I wrote a letter this weekend to my school and ... » | Bethany's Tribute to her Dad » | In Memory of Dr. Donald Dunlap » | I found out the news about Bethany's dad on Friday... » | Now, the culture tidbit of the day is that tact, a... » | More Korean Customs » | It comes from an interesting source, but of all th... » | Edible seaweed paper » | I got new glasses today, BTW. » | Pickles and Kimchi » 

Friday, September 23, 2005 

Arm Fondler in the Park

I'm walking through the park with Daive. A man is walking beside us and starts making friendly noises at the dog (surprising because most Koreans think she's about to eat them). I smile, and try to get Daive to at least look in his direction. He starts talking to me in Korean. I, of course, don't understand. I could say "I don't speak Korean" in Korean, but that seems to confuse people more than anything else....so I just stick with saying it in English. He starts waving me over to a bench to sit down. For reasons still unknown to me, I sit. He goes in for something I assume to be a handshake, but it ends up being more of an arm fondle (me being the fondle-ee). And then nothing (nothing after he spoke to me for a few minutes in Korean, of course). I am talking to myself out loud at this point (How awkward...why did I sit down...things like that) and I finally say "You don't speak English?" He says "yes" (remember, that means no as an answer to my question), and then I say, "My dog needs to poop, so I should go...uhh....right" and walk away to a grassy area behind the sidewalk, where he follows me. He makes a noise that startles Daive, and I begin to say things like "get him! get him!" as quietly as possible...not wanting her to actually get him, just to bark. And of course, she doesn't bark. She actually walks over to him with her tail wagging. I pull her away, mumbling something about poop, shrug my shoulders apologetically, wait until his back is turned, and leave (quickly). I need to train Daive to at least bark on command so maybe she would sound intimidating...or something.

Maybe Daive could snarl.

^ If only...I will try to teach her to do something that at least appears to be mean and/or potentially dangerous.

funny story. wish i had some ideas about dog training for you but i've learned that you can find ANYTHING thru google, maybe it's worth a try.

^^snarl, i'm still laughing.

why don't you growl...that would take care of the situation...one crazy with another crazy....:) GA mom

that's kinda scary...i think i would have just left...i dunno..it's one of those that you don't know what you would have done unless you were in the same situation...

Hay good post you have got "My dog also needs to poop, so I should go...uhh....right" and walk away to a grassy area behind the sidewalk, where he follows me for BLS healthcare provider cpr training Pasadena. He makes a noise that startles Daive, and I begin to say things like "get him!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health