« Home | Pickles and Kimchi » | On a much lighter note... » | Its been a tough week » | the oatmeal that was my undoing » | The open class went well. It went fair, anyway. In... » | Wanted to sleep in to cut down on time to worry, b... » | And so tomorrow is the dreaded day. I'll have five... » | Okay...I should already be asleep, so this will be... » | I attempted to copy and paste the message I got wh... » | Google Talk, will you marry me » 

Sunday, September 11, 2005 

I got new glasses today, BTW.


These are the frames I got today. They were the only frames I could find that looked remotely decent on this big head of mine*, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I found out that they were Calvin Klein frames. Calvin Klein = expensive. But they were on sale, and lenses here in Korea are super cheap (not to mention clearer and scratch-resistant). I paid $140 for the frames and lenses, and they were ready in less than 15 minutes! Lenscrafters, beat that! Also the eye test was free and took less than five minutes. They have a machine that looks in your eyes and figures it out, then they just tweak the glasses in the big mad-scientist looking glasses to make sure it'll work. Voila! Glasses! It was funny, when she took me over to test my eyes, we (Kylie, Jenny, and me) forgot about my old glasses and left them on the counter, where they were then put in the display case. Luckily I figured out they were missing shortly and retrieved them. If anyone is planning to visit me and also wears glasses, wait till you come to get them! Same for contact lenses, they're MUCH cheaper here. (I don't wear contacts so I don't really know, but that's what I hear.) Anyway, I've spent the rest of the evening working on the devotionals for the church magazine which are due tomorrow. I finished four out of six, and can finish the last two at my leisure tomorrow. I'm probably not going to church though. It's quite late now and I am getting sick and need to rest up for next week.

* The racial slur for Koreans is "buckethead" because they have such wide faces/heads. While I don't really see this, I also think it's only fair that some aspect of their otherwise miniscule and perfect bodies are wide. Regardless, the point is that for the first time, I had a problem with glasses being too big for my face/head rather than being too small. (I do have a large head.) It was nice. (I don't think buckethead is a very impressive or offensive racial slur. I'm against them all the same, so perhaps it would be nice to rewrite all racial slurs so they are as silly and inoffensive as buckethead. It's late, and so my over-tired brain wants to attempt it, but I'm quite sure I'd say overwhelmingly stupid and offensive things, so I'll just go to bed now.)

PS - This is the third time I've had to edit this post. I forgot to add the above starred portion, then I spelled CK wrong. Ahhh! I'm going to bed for sure now, regardless of what else may be spelled wrong or forgotten.

Very nice. My frames are similar.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health