« Home | More Korean Customs » | It comes from an interesting source, but of all th... » | Edible seaweed paper » | I got new glasses today, BTW. » | Pickles and Kimchi » | On a much lighter note... » | Its been a tough week » | the oatmeal that was my undoing » | The open class went well. It went fair, anyway. In... » | Wanted to sleep in to cut down on time to worry, b... » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

Now, the culture tidbit of the day is that tact, as Westerners know it, is non-existent in this country. Point in case: Tuesday I walked into my middle school class and they told me I had bomb hair and asked me if I just woke up. No, thanks very much....I actually do this on purpose! What? Oh, yes, my feet are remarkably big, thank you for noticing. And it's not just the kids. The adults are just as bad (not as in value judgment bad, as in, they do the same thing bad). Though the things that adults say to me are far worse and will not be getting a spot in this blog. But trust me, they're bad.

In other news, remember ages ago when I blogged about how happy I was to get the problem with Citibank ironed out? Oh....if only I knew. Since then (and I'm not going to take the time to find the post, but it was definitely months ago) I've talked to various employees at Citibank more times than I can remember. I've talked to four people in the past two weeks alone. All of them have said the same thing, "It's our error. I'll start working on it today. It should be fixed in one week." Yet it hasn't been fixed. I've been nice. I've been terse. I've been angry. I got a phone call about a month ago saying that it was under investigation, just a formality, would be fixed, and that I'd continue to get "pay or else" letters in the mail, but to disregard them. I could handle this, but not when the letter came saying they were demanding full payment of the loan (in which they also mentioned they had reported this information to the credit bureau and the government). I lost it. I saw red. (Insert other idiom meant to express extreme rage and fury.) I called and spoke to a handful of people over the past two weeks, each promising to do themselves what each person in the past four or so months had promised to do. Between the time I started typing this and right now, it has all been resolved. Thank God. I had to threaten to get a lawyer, and I'm just not good at threatening or having an attitude. But it's all fixed up now, and my consolidation application is still in process. Anyway, all the wind has been taken out of this rant now that it's fixed, and I will be able to sleep peacefully and well tonight. They've fixed it, I made a payment (thanks to my gracious and generous sister letting me use her checking account), and they'll update my credit report. Thank God...really, thank God. The stress of it was eating away at me, knowing it was unresolved but there was nothing more I could do.

And allow me to make a quick plug for Rick and Christie's site. It's usually the first stop on my morning blog-browsing and it is always delightfully pleasant and refreshing. Thanks guys, you make my morning nicer (you and caffeine, that is).

I have to be at the doctor at 9:00 AM in the morning (which I am dreading) and so I should already be asleep. Night all.

Edit: Just did the "Forgot spell check again and I know I misspelled bureau" thing, and I find it incredibly ironic that the spell checker for blogger doesn't recognize "blog" "blogged" or "blogger" as a legitimate word.

At least you actually were able to speak with a person. That's often a difficult feat in itself. And, thanks for the plug. Your site as well is one of my most favorites.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health